Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

so here's the deal.......

I've been a lurker here for a couple days.... i've got the bug and now in the market, will purchase a used ski in the $6,000 range.... I've found a 06 RXT with stage 1... 60 hours and an extended warranty..... planning on picking it up tomorrow.... but was wondering....

no trim on this ski?? how big of an issue is this.... the only other skis i've ever owned has had trim... and i can't imagine a ski without it.....

too big?? this thing is a barge... but i'm a heavyweight! LOL... 300lbs.... but i like to cut up on these things like i'm 160 LOL....

anywayz.... I've owned five skis..... the first two were matching GTX with sewing machine motors, which i hated, the next one was a stage 2.5 GSX LTD with the 951.. which I thought hauled major a$$.... the speedo said 74... wether or not i was going that fast is another issue..... but it didn't play, scared a few buddies have to death... thanks to PPG in Davie.....

but i'm torn between the rxp and rxt.... wish i was still 240lbs like i was then it would be a no brainer.... but after talking to a few people the rxp is bigger and more stable than the gsx limited ever was or will be.....

Am i going to be bored with the RXT? even at stage 3?? which i plan on having within a few short months of getting it...

Should l be looking for an rxp?...

never ridden either of them.... however, i can tell you... the big 3 seaters i've ridden in the past, top speed was 50mph 52 mph.... i can't imagine ever being pleased with that....

i want something i can load up a cooler and go places, i want something i can go play in the waves, and i want something that simply hauls a$$... I'd like to be able to stand it on it's a$$ end and bob in the water... and most importantly i want something i can get my big a$$ back up on without the throttle... LOL.....

what should i be lookin for?

+1
    I'd like to be able to stand it on it's a$$ end and bob in the water

not going to happen, these skis have ALOT of power. RXP is very stable. If you like to play around and not riding big chop then RXP is the way to go pluse its faster. But really you should go ride both then decide.

yah.. i'm torn... i think i'll like the rxp more... doesn't it have trim???? and
    with all those mods, listed in the winter mod section... has to get you faster than 70.8 right????

At 300 lbs I would go for the RXT, but if you are a "nimble" 300 lbs the RXP will give you a little more fun factor.

RXP has trim ...

Either one you can make fast ... just take $$ which it seems you are already prepared for.

Just hit a protein diet for 6 weeks and get the RXP and forget about it!! RXP all the way!!

+1
    If you plan on riding any double up I'd suggest the RXT. It's going to rip harder than anything you've owned or ridden for that matter... I'd be worrying with finding some different "trim" if i were sporting the RXT...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dontletitfoolya View Post
    yah.. i'm torn... i think i'll like the rxp more... doesn't it have trim???? and
    with all those mods, listed in the winter mod section... has to get you faster than 70.8 right????
    ya should be about 78mph goal is 80mph... but im only 170lbs, Have to lose 10lbs to lose the winters beer gut LMAO....

yah i wouldn't mind pickin up a few groopies here and there! lol... sound like i'mm buy the rxt... and make it stupid fast for a three seater...

which brings up my next question??

has any of you RXT Guy's felt like you needed trim on the ski????? and if not, is the ski free on the top end?... meaning is the nose up outta the water??

+1
    RXT-X has trim

Banned User
    I have 07 rxt and i have been throwing the idea of putting trim on it for 2 years now, i just put the 2.5* pump wedge on it and its fine, jumps good for a 3 seater, i am more into top speed then i am anything else, i will be posting new speeds this weekend with the new mods over the winter. Just remember that the RXT is about 3 to 4 mph slower then a RXP with same mods.

Quote Originally Posted by dontletitfoolya View Post
    yah i wouldn't mind pickin up a few groopies here and there! lol... sound like i'mm buy the rxt... and make it stupid fast for a three seater...

which brings up my next question??

has any of you RXT Guy's felt like you needed trim on the ski????? and if not, is the ski free on the top end?... meaning is the nose up outta the water??
    If you get 2 RXPs then your good. its always more fun with someone to ride with. I was at a auction here in Fl orlando area and 2 RXp repos sold for 5,800 with trailer, I wish I had the doe.
    But yeah, I have a 3 seater gtx and that thing hauls my big a$$ around fast, with a tube, the power is incredible, And its just a 185, cant even imagine what a 255 feels like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information