slx 1200 questions

I was wondering what my best bet would be to get a new crank in my ski, do I have mine rebuilt by Sharps or do I buy a new oem one for the same price off of Ebay. Whats the best crank seals to use? Will I need to set timing with a new crank shaft? Do I need to use an alignment tool for installing the pump after pulling the motor out? Any help would be great Thanks.

I had a very bad experience with SBT, I'd stick with either a rebuild or with a new oem. Timing will be the same as when you took your ski apart. You should realign your pump to the coupler when putting it back in; if it is out you will wear your crank bearings quicker and tare your coupler apart.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tburn View Post
    I was wondering what my best bet would be to get a new crank in my ski, do I have mine rebuilt by Sharps or do I buy a new oem one for the same price off of Ebay. Both would be fine but I always like new...just cause used components just wont last as long as the parts that were replaced. Whats the best crank seals to use? OEM are very good...but pricey. Will I need to set timing with a new crank shaft? I would, just because you pull the fly wheel off and have to put it back on...it's just an easy thing to check for good measure. Do I need to use an alignment tool for installing the pump after pulling the motor out? You should be fine without doing it but it's always a good thing to do...it may have been a little out of alingment to begin with. Any help would be great Thanks.
    Good Luck!

alignment tool

Where can I get an alignment tool.

+1
    you can rent them, or buy one. i would do a search, there has been many topics on the tool and i think some member sell them,

now on cranks, do a search as well there are some intresting threads that have been on this forum for the last few weeks or so, about sbt, one member is test a crank out on a 780 motor, i would do as much digging around too find your best option, i wouldn't skimp on a crank so cheapest isnt always better, but expensive isnt ether.. you can find used ones easy but if they are good or not, you wont no for sure till you try it out

New 1200 Crankshaft

I have one in stock.. $600.00, and its perfect!!

Driveshaft alignment tools here..http://www.watcon.com/Catalog_Pages/...nment_Tool.htm

Regards,
    Randy

Thread Information