Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

more slx 1200 questions

I still had the gray Tempo lines on my ski, what fuel line should I replace these with? Carbs are still all original with 165 hours on them,should I be thinking about rebuilding them? Is there any thing I can do to freshen up the oil pump or the starter. Its all right in my face probably a good time to do some of this stuff. Thanks for the help.

Just get low pressure fuel line from an auto parts store, you should be able to do your whole ski for about $20. The oil pump should last forever, but I think they may have a filter, I'm not sure. Personally, I wouldn't touch the carbs unless the ski is not running correctly, or if the piston wash looks lean - but I'm sure others will disagree with me on that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tburn View Post
    I still had the gray Tempo lines on my ski, what fuel line should I replace these with? The Tempo fuel lines have gotten an over rated bad wrap...they are an issue if you have/use brass fittings. If you want to replace them, I use Motion Pro premium fuel line... www.motionpro.com comes in black, gray or clear. Very good stuff but a little expensive from average cost fuel line. Carbs are still all original with 165 hours on them,should I be thinking about rebuilding them? Yes, with the age of the ski and hours they are probably over due...especially the diaphrams. Is there any thing I can do to freshen up the oil pump or the starter. I don't know of anything to freshen them up but they should last awhile. Look at the grooves on the starter gear teeth when you have the flywheel cover off. See if they look warn or have any chips in them. If it looks good you should be fine for awhile. The oil pump will give out some day but it's good for a long time...you should be ok for now. Its all right in my face probably a good time to do some of this stuff. Thanks for the help.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by 32DegH2O; 04-02-2010 at 05:38 AM.

+1
    i agree with Ryan, i wouldn't touch the carbs unless they are giving you issues or you are looking lean..

for fuel lines, i used fuellines.biz, they where fast and cheap and they come in different colors, other people on here recommend them, i replaced my temp lines and they where just, and i mean just starting too show signs of breaking down, the insides started too turn greenish orangish, and my skis a 97 with 160 hours or so

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    The Tempo fuel lines have gotten a bad wrap...they are only an issue if you have/use brass fittings.

If you want to replace them, I use Motion Pro premium fuel line...
    www.motionpro.com comes in black, gray or clear. Very good stuff but a little expensive from average cost fuel line.
    The Tempo lines only react with brass, not aluminum or SS?

What fittings are typically 'Tempo reactive' on a Polaris ski?
    Fuel selector?
    Carb nipples?
    Fuel pump nipples?
    Fuel tank fittings?

+1
    Scott's right about the MotionPro... some of the best fuel line out there. However, it's more than just a "little" pricey. Their premium line is $4.15 per FOOT!!!

Good stuff though...

fuel line

What size fuel line are on these.

+1
    1/4 size your going to need 20 ft,

and 1/8 primer line will work for the oil if your going to redo it

when i did mine, i was like there is no way i will use 20 ft, i came damn close..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The Tempo lines only react with brass, not aluminum or SS?

What fittings are typically 'Tempo reactive' on a Polaris ski?
    Fuel selector?
    Carb nipples?
    Fuel pump nipples?
    Fuel tank fittings?
    In a round about way that is what I was hinting at. There isn't a problem on a stock ski...no brass. These guys that state problems with them on here have installed brass fittings due to moddifying things but usually when adding primer lines and using the brass T-fittings that are generally in the package. Now there could be other reasons why they are getting the green gunk in the carb screens and the fuel lines get the blame for it as if they are no good with just fuel. There might be issues with certain oils and the fuel line when using pre-mix setups.

+1
    I have a 2000 slx also. I will be changing all the lines including the tank pickups. Not a bad time to replace diaphrams if you got the money. Or a total rebuild kit would be better. it comes with new seat and needles and all the gaskets and diaphrams.. all the stuff that usually dies after 10 years..

Just because it running fine, means nothing, it could go at any time. If your gonna keep the ski, I would do the carbs.. no worries about the oil injection except for the lines// I would change them. they can slit vertically as well as horizontally. They get real brittle too. not good for a vibrating engine compartment. just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by bowsniper; 04-02-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information