Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

06 Speedster 200 w/430hp

Ok, so I have to admit that I havent been on one of the newer sport boats yet but an old customer of mine just called me today and says he is picking up the above 06 Speedster 200 with the twin 215's and he is ready to go faster....

So immediately my mind started to think:

external I/C's
    4"air intakes
    Thermostats
    filling in ride plate holes
    new props??? Which ones???
    Does anyone make a new or reflashed ECU for the sport boats?? Is it necessary??
    Maybe some SC wheels

Realistically I have to find out what his budget is since he just bought the thing but wanted to ask if I am on the right track since I havent worked on the sport boats yet, just transfering my knowledge to them from the RXP and PX's I have worked on....

Thanks for your input!!!!!

+1
    IMO I would just do X SCers 4inch air and 42lb injecters. pitch the props and be done with it.

Yes the Riva ECUs would work if he wanted more.
    Then do Riva ecu and 50lb injecters, les cook retainers, with XSCers, XS ICs and then go 15-20 solas and pitch for propper RPM.

That boat would rock in roll.

Banned User
    +1
    Same stuff applies from the skis, just have to tailor it to a boat....

Start with air intakes, a pair if XS units, and gut the waterbox's...Repitch the props accordingly...That should get some response to wake it up for CHEAP, done right maybe under $500 for that....

Tampa SeaDoo Crew TampaSpeedster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    IMO I would just do X SCers 4inch air and 42lb injecters. pitch the props and be done with it.

Yes the Riva ECUs would work if he wanted more.
    Then do Riva ecu and 50lb injecters, les cook retainers, with XSCers, XS ICs and then go 15-20 solas and pitch for propper RPM.

That boat would rock in roll.
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Same stuff applies from the skis, just have to tailor it to a boat....

Start with air intakes, a pair if XS units, and gut the waterbox's...Repitch the props accordingly...That should get some response to wake it up for CHEAP, done right maybe under $500 for that....

I would stick with the stock intercoolers when combining with X-Chargers. That way he doesn't have to mess around with RRFPR . With the Speedster 200 you have to have double everything. XSIC is about ~$450 shipped and the RRFPR is about $375 shipped... x2 = $1650.

bang for the buck value just isn't there when you pair it up with a mild SC upgrade like the X-Charger. If you were going with a 3Rude then thats a different story.

Tampa SeaDoo Crew TampaSpeedster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    I would stick with the stock intercoolers when combining with X-Chargers. That way he doesn't have to mess around with RRFPR when. With the Speedster 200 you have to have double everything. XSIC is about ~$450 shipped and the RRFPR is about $375 shipped... x2 = $1650.

bang for the buck value just isn't there when you pair it up with a mild SC upgrade like the X-Charger. If you were going with a 3Rude then thats a different story.
    Agreed... save a ton of money and dont get into the land of diminishing returns.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSpeedster View Post
    Agreed... save a ton of money and dont get into the land of diminishing returns.
    on a ski you might pick up 2mph but on a heavy boat your more likely to see .5-1mph increase... 1mph for $1600? no thx

but doing the x chargers on a heavy boat definately worth it ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by atom1234 View Post
    but doing the x chargers on a heavy boat definately worth it ?
    oh hell yea. especially if you buy them around your maintenance schedule for the supercharger.

You should rebuild the superchargers every 100hrs. The parts/labor/shipping to rebuild your standard 215 supercharger is about $375. Brand new x-chargers can be purchased for $499. You have to spend this money either which way so for an extra $125 you get some killer performance. One of the best bang for the buck mods out there.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    I would stick with the stock intercoolers when combining with X-Chargers. That way he doesn't have to mess around with RRFPR .

No need for a RRFPR when you add the XS....Unless you change the SC and IC at the same time, you can run it fine....I ran my RXP years ago with the just the XS on the stock SC, and when I upgraded the SC I put in bigger injectors...

Thats why you can do 2 XS units and some generic piping (since there is no kit) for cheap...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information