Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP IMPELLER 13/18 vs 14/19

Dear All,

I own a bone stock 06 RXP able to pull 8120-8140 RPMs with the stock 13/18 impeller.
    If I swap the stock impeller (leaving the rest as it is) for a SOLAS 14/19R, how much should the RPMs drop, what will happen to the acceleration???

Thanks from Moscow,

GIONNIK

Have the impeller tweaked so you have no RPM loss. You will get better hole shot and more top end.

Sorry,

This is "too advanced"!
    Have the impeller "tweaked"...what does it mean?
    I remember all, I live in Russia, and I must consider myself lucky that I have been able to have one, of the only two, SOLAS 14/19R currently existing in Russia, shipped from the local importer...15/20 not existing in Russia!!!
    If you mean I need to do some transformation to the impeller...no way here in Russia...if the SOLAS 14/19R gives me more holeshot and more top end as it is, compared to the stock 13/18, I'll buy it...otherwise I'll forget it!!!

Thanks,
    GIONNIK

Sorry.

You will have to try the 14/19 "out of the box" to find out what RPM's you will be turning. If the top RPM numbers need to be raised or lowered, this can be done by adjusting the trailing edges of the impeller. There is a thread on how to adjust the edges.....I'll have to look it up for you.

When you get the 14/19 turning 8100 RPM's you will be very happy with the improved hole shot and higher top speed compared to the stock impeller.

Forgot to mention, that it is possible that the 14/19 will not need tweaked. Every ski is a little different.

Here is the thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2614

Hope this help out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GIONNIK
    Dear All,

I own a bone stock 06 RXP able to pull 8120-8140 RPMs with the stock 13/18 impeller.
    If I swap the stock impeller (leaving the rest as it is) for a SOLAS 14/19R, how much should the RPMs drop, what will happen to the acceleration???

Thanks from Moscow,

GIONNIK
    Stock is 10/21 if i am correct....Solas just recommends the 13/18 for a stock replacement....

Thank you very much Watermatic,

Since here it's very hard to have someone changing the trailing edges of a propeller I could try to get back the lost RPMs with some power adding motor mods.
    Wich is the most suitable for the above porpouse according to you??? :

Water box (Mod. the stock one or RR)
    Air Filter
    ECU (RR Stock Class or Racing???)
    Intercooler
    SC Impeller

Or wich combination???

I was thinking the first two (Easier and cheaper).

Thanks again all

GIONNIK

Watermedic...sorry!!!

Trailing edge adjustments are usually done in 1mm increments. Look at the attached thread I put up earlier, YOU can do it!

Giving the supercharger more air is a good thing. Some people make them themselves.

A better intercooler (Rotax Racing, Riva, etc.) is a great improvement. It's not cheap.

You may also want to consider going to the metal supercharge clutch discs.

There are the "free" mods that work well for most folks also (they don't change RPM's). Ride plate holes filled, grate trued to ride plate, reverse bucket mod, etc. There are many threads on these subjects and how-to's as well.

I know that I haven't given any solid answers. Most modifications will have varied results from ski-to-ski. Everyone has a different opinion on what the best mods would be. The best thing to do is research this site, figure out what your budget for modifications will be. If you have some basic tools and patience you can install most of the mods yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information