Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How do i make my FZR faster?

I have recently bought a Riva FF exhaust, R&D Plenum filter, RD Surge Protector, R&D Intake Grate, Pump Seals, Cavitation cone, and a Skat 13/21 Impeller for my FZR. I gps'd it at the lake today (very flat) and only got 67.7mph out of it. This is similar to a stock FZR's speed and i was expecting around 70mph+ Does this speed sound right? I'm gona get the R&D ride plate on Sunday this should help...What else can i do to make it faster top and bottom end with a minimum spend? Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    I have recently bought a Riva FF exhaust, R&D Plenum filter, RD Surge Protector, R&D Intake Grate, Pump Seals, Cavitation cone, and a Skat 13/21 Impeller for my FZR. I gps'd it at the lake today (very flat) and only got 67.7mph out of it. This is similar to a stock FZR's speed and i was expecting around 70mph+ Does this speed sound right? I'm gona get the R&D ride plate on Sunday this should help...What else can i do to make it faster top and bottom end with a minimum spend? Thanks for your help
    Don't know for sure why you are not seeing better numbers since mine was about 1 mph faster stock. What was your best stock # and what are your rpms? You may need to check the actual #'s on your impeller. The R&D rideplate gave me an easy 2ish mph.

+1
    The only way you are going to see and feel better results is by changing the supercharger. There are heaps of guys on here that can help you with this. Also look at the new R1 or R2 re-programing by R&D.

add boost-- all of your mods are really just supporting mods for more boost. I just bought a sho and the first thing i am doing is adding a wheel, powershot, and prop!

Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    Don't know for sure why you are not seeing better numbers since mine was about 1 mph faster stock. What was your best stock # and what are your rpms? You may need to check the actual #'s on your impeller. The R&D rideplate gave me an easy 2ish mph.
    I'm just as confused lol. With my set up i was expecting alot more and to see no difference after spending £1500 ($2300) is not great. Unfortunately i didn't gps it before i put the mods on, but i don't think there is much of a difference now to how it was. I was testing on a very flat lake today, and i've been told that the R&D Aquavein intake grate probably loses you 2 mph or so on the glass.... the benefits i would have gained from the mods have probably been absorbed by the grate???? I am guessing that it will be a different story in the chop. With the stock prop (12/19) the acceleration was probably slightly better than now, but i kept hitting the rev limiter and therefore lost alot top end. My new prop (skat 13/21) has taken me off the ref limiter - the rev dial on the ski was around 7600 - 7700 today. Any idea's???

Where is the intake manifold upgrade? This eliminates a huge intake restriction.
    This is one of THE most cost effective upgrades you can get.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=904

To tell you the truth this is not far off.
    Back in the dark ages (2 years ago) I was doing everything I could to get over 70 on my SHO. Been there done that.

You may also be bending you prop. once you get intake upgrade done it looks like you will be on the limiter with that 13/21 prop.

Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    add boost-- all of your mods are really just supporting mods for more boost. I just bought a sho and the first thing i am doing is adding a wheel, powershot, and prop!
    Thanks for the comment.... I changed the prop from the standard 12/19 to a skat 13/21 as i was hitting the rev limiter with my mod set up.... my acceleration has dropped but top end has increased (back to where it was stock) Don't want to mess with the ecu just yet (i think the power shot bypasses it) Have thought about the C1-11 monster wheel what do you think, will this make a difference? I have been told that you can drop this in and there is no need to change anything else? is this right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Thanks for the comment.... I changed the prop from the standard 12/19 to a skat 13/21 as i was hitting the rev limiter with my mod set up.... my acceleration has dropped but top end has increased (back to where it was stock) Don't want to mess with the ecu just yet (i think the power shot bypasses it) Have thought about the C1-11 monster wheel what do you think, will this make a difference? I have been told that you can drop this in and there is no need to change anything else? is this right?
    C3-11 drop inn , Riva B1 and E1 drop inn.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Where is the intake manifold upgrade? This eliminates a huge intake restriction.
    This is one of THE most cost effective upgrades you can get.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=904

To tell you the truth this is not far off.
    Back in the dark ages (2 years ago) I was doing everything I could to get over 70 on my SHO. Been there done that.

You may also be bending you prop. once you get intake upgrade done it looks like you will be on the limiter with that 13/21 prop.
    I thought about this, but i was advised by my dealer, after they spoke to Yamaha, that this messed the ECU up???? Whats your thoughts?...Is it difficult to fit? It's a shame about the prop - just bought the skat 13/21 ...lol. If i was to bend it, do i bend the 13 or 21 part of it. I am guessing that the first number is for acceleration and the second is for top speed?

Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    C3-11 drop inn , Riva B1 and E1 drop inn.
    really??? won't i need to upgrade the intercooler?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information