Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

im putting in my new sc washers need some advice

i have a 05 and an 06 rxt both with 40-50 hours on them. i was installing the new riva washer i got in a few weeks ago and i know from you guys i sould shoot for 12-13 nm of slip. i also ordered a new set of mcmaster spring washers and some shims in. before i did anything to the chargers both had about 6-7nm of slip witch seems low but both machines were running great when they were pulled out last year. when i installed the new washers they were both up to about 10nm of slip but if i even put 1 of the new spring washers in the mix the slip was up to about 25-28nm witch is to high and or if i just put in a shim it was just over 20. i didnt try rubbing the cap after the nut on emery cloth to lower it i didnt know how much that would help but what should my min or max slip be at or how can i adjust the slip a bit higher. also both machines are stock in every way and everything was lubed up and torqued properly
    any advice would be great
    spring were )()() like stock
    Last edited by joe_moose4; 04-04-2010 at 09:07 PM.

+1
    put the washer in like this )))()

sorry i forgot to say, that's the only other way i tried, it put it up to about the same high end as the new washer 27-28nm all with stock springs

if i put in 1 shim or 1 new mcmaster spring what would the highest slip i could run without running the risk of snapping the shaft on the charger?

this is really buggin me lol, just would feel better if i would get it 13nmish

Banned User
    +1
    Are they all 5 new Mcmaster? If so YOU CAN NOT run them all on the older shafts....You can only run all 5 on the 08+ and current rebuild kit...

For your setup, mic out all the old washer...They shoul be less that 2.10-2.15mm in height...Most likely they are 1.8-1.9mm....Measure them all, mark them...

Try to get them 4 of them 1.9-2.0, and you can use 1 Mcmasters....Or 3 in the 1.8-1.9 range, and 2 mcmasters...

Make sure you measure slip when wet...4 OEM and 1 MC, you should slip 100-110 in/pounds....3 OEM and 2 MC, about 120 in/pounds...

Those are just estimated numbers also....use your best judgement...

ill measure them tomorrow but with even 1 mcmaster washer it put the slip from 95inch lbs to like 245inch lbs (95being with all factory ones) and its all wet checked
    just wondering if anyone has run into this or if i need to grind down that cap behind the nut to lower it with a mcmaster in

+1
    If there stock chargers 95 in/lbs. is fine

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_moose4 View Post
    ill measure them tomorrow but with even 1 mcmaster washer it put the slip from 95inch lbs to like 245inch lbs (95being with all factory ones) and its all wet checked
    just wondering if anyone has run into this or if i need to grind down that cap behind the nut to lower it with a mcmaster in

1 MC and 4 OEM made it 245 ?

What was the build like? )))() ? If so, go back to the OEM installation of
    )()()...with the McM on the gear end.

I just insaled the riva washers in my wifes RXT, and did not check for slippage, I used a supercharger that had 10 hours of use off my ols RXP.. You guys think I will be ok?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information