Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Ribbon delete question.

Has anybody done a test on the Riva VS R&D ribbon delete. I know its not any easy job to swap them out but figure somebody may be crazy enough to test them both.

I ask because they are built different, looks like Riva's is just a round ring and R&D's is longer and I believe tapered.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunky View Post
    Has anybody done a test on the Riva VS R&D ribbon delete. I know its not any easy job to swap them out but figure somebody may be crazy enough to test them both.

I ask because they are built different, looks like Riva's is just a round ring and R&D's is longer and I believe tapered.
    +1 team Cape Coral would like to know as well.

+1
    Wow, I am surprised with the lack of testing on this part, its cheap but time consuming to change.

should have put the r&d in my fx because the fzr already had it in, i would like to know too

+1
    The Riva part is tapered as well.

I seriously doubt you will see any difference over either one. They both provide the same function and that's to fill in the void when the ribbon is removed.

in early 08 no body offer anything, I just remove my SHO ribbon and install back and later R&d offer the kit, after installed it, I didn't feel any difference

For the price difference that's an expensive "R" etching on the riva piece. Has anyone done the R&D kit with the I.C. spacer??

+1
    The difference would be almost too small to measure. Both the parts do the exact same thing. They romove the restrictive screen in the intake. Just pick one and put it in. I promise there is no point in worrying about which part is better. This is why nobody has bothered to test the two parts back to back.

+1
    I was looking at it as a design difference, both parts do the same thing thats obvious but I like to know why the design diff?

Sometimes the little things we overlook add up.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    The difference would be almost too small to measure. Both the parts do the exact same thing. They romove the restrictive screen in the intake. Just pick one and put it in. I promise there is no point in worrying about which part is better. This is why nobody has bothered to test the two parts back to back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I was looking at it as a design difference, both parts do the same thing thats obvious but I like to know why the design diff?

Sometimes the little things we overlook add up.
    Plus the install is a pain in the @$$ might be another good reason for not doing back to back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information