Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New SL 750, what to do first?

hi my name is matt and i am a noob! lol sounds funny to say but yes this is my first ski. i have been working on and riding bikes since i can remember though...

so i have this 94 sl 750, i got it for free with a trailer. it had a blown motor, blew holes in the piston.

i bought a nice used motor for it for $300 on ebay, got it all bolted up yesterday! motor got spark and lots of compression!!! woo hoo! that was great news to me.

unfortunately when i got the ski half the old motor was torn apart. i figured most stuff out but can't seem to figure out the fuel lines. there are so many. i need a fuel line diagram.

also there is a nipple coming from the bottom of the block on the carb side, i noticed it pulsed when cranking over the motor. is this the pulse feed line i need for the fuel pump?

And if anyone could tell me some good preventative maintenance that would be great. i was thinking of a oil pump block off, fuel pump rebuild, new fuel lines/filters. kinda scares me thinking of what broke the ski the first time.

also some performance parts. i saw some intake grates, extended ride plates, i haven't found any exhaust or intakes though. is it even worth doing these mods to this ski?

thanks for reading!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Yes, that is the pulse fitting on the crank case, and it powers the fuel pump.

Click the links below for more info
    Also, peruse the Polaris Tech section on here for fuel diagrams and common upgrades.

I just bought a Polaris PWC - what should I do?
    What to do to get it running, keep it running, and avoid potential damage

Polaris Fuji (blue) engine

thanks for the info i already put in a offer for a triple outlet pump on ebay. and i bought a oil pump blockoff kit.

do the supplemental pumps work fine or can they still run the engine lean. seems like a good alternative for cheap money

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbophein View Post
    ...do the supplemental pumps work fine or can they still run the engine lean.
    seems like a good alternative for cheap money
    What do you mean by 'supplemental pump'?

The Fuji triple outlet fuel pump replaces the original single outlet fuel pump. The triple outlet pump is actually the stock fuel pump for the Fuji 780 engine, and it delivers better fuel pressure and volume than the original pump, especially as the pump ages.

It is not a substitute for cleaning up the rest of the fuel system, just an extra bit of insurance against inadequate fuel pressure.

Be very sure not to lose the little brass fuel restrictor plug, which is located inside the return fuel line, near the carbs. It has a tiny hole through the restrictor, and it must be present in order for the fuel pump to develop fuel pressure.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

I would not add a supplemental just install the three outlet pump and call it a day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TripleFuelPumpRouting.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	585.0 KB 
ID:	181521  
    Attached Files Attached Files

along with that oil pump block off kit, i bought a triple outlet pump.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120465443370&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

also will replace all the fuel lines and keep the restrictor. what else should be done to keep this ski maintained and running?

i noticed the corners on a couple reeds were gone, this seems to be a common problem with these. i found some boyseen reeds and spacers. would they be worth the gain. would it even be a noticeable gain

so whats next to make this ski more fun?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Rebuild the carbs while you're at it.

You will notice a difference with the Boyesen reeds.

First get the ski running correctly. Then we'll help you spend your "rainy day fund".

It's a JEEP thing...You wouldn't Understand dirtdude35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbophein View Post
    dont not buy these pump almost blew mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Rebuild the carbs while you're at it.

You will notice a difference with the Boyesen reeds.

First get the ski running correctly. Then we'll help you spend your "rainy day fund".

i think i will shy away from motor mods for now... but want to get some other stuff for the hull. i wish i knew what was what, but i am still learning these. its so different from bike or cars.

what do the intake grates do?

how about the extended ride plates?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information