+1

Intercooler Purging Without Water loss

I used an automatic air vent to automatically remove trapped air in my external cooler. Although there are cheaper air vents on the market - I used the Honeywell EA122A1002 for this project - It cost $30 shipped. I tapped my intercooler with 1/4" pipe threads and used a 1/4" X 1/8" bushing to accomodate the 18" grease gun hose - then used 1/8" couplings and nipple to attach to the "automatic air vent". It works great - with zero water loss.

+1
    I dont feel that this will give all of the gain the air bleed normally does, Part of the benifit is that you are ensuring a steady flow of cool water too all of the coolers internal area, buy shutting it off when the air is gone you stop that flow.

I had a gate valve on my bleed line as I was running 3/8 out of my cooler straight out the hull and was worried that I might see some overheat issue with the exhaust in the summer if I did not restrict the line atal. I didnt have any issues dumping this much water although I did have a 9mm restrictor fitted in the pump and run in cooler waters than most on here.

I saw a 50 rpm gain/lose with the valve open and closed and it could have been worse if I had left it closed and the water in that area of the cooler had warmed up further.

My 0.2 on this subject. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I dont feel that this will give all of the gain the air bleed normally does, Part of the benifit is that you are ensuring a steady flow of cool water too all of the coolers internal area, buy shutting it off when the air is gone you stop that flow.

I had a gate valve on my bleed line as I was running 3/8 out of my cooler straight out the hull and was worried that I might see some overheat issue with the exhaust in the summer if I did not restrict the line atal. I didnt have any issues dumping this much water although I did have a 9mm restrictor fitted in the pump and run in cooler waters than most on here.

I saw a 50 rpm gain/lose with the valve open and closed and it could have been worse if I had left it closed and the water in that area of the cooler had warmed up further.

My 0.2 on this subject. R88
    I'll be happy if air gets released out of my cooler while I'm riding. That's all. I'll let you know what my gains are. ... hopefully tomorrow.

Thread Information