Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Took the ski out today Need help

I have a 2002 GTX 4 tec N/A

Well i checked the oil before we left and it was great. Well when we pulled out i pulled the plugs and i have about 7 secs of water draining out. Well i also had OIL coming out the drain plugs WTF. Well i checked the oild and had non on the dip stick.

Were could i have pushed oil out at? Only think i can think of it were the oil filter is you have the big O ring. Well the cap that goes over the filter i can see the O ring between the black lid and the bore the filter sits in. IS this normal? Or should the black lid be flush against the bore and not see no o ring? Is this my problem?

Now How do i clean all the mess of the motor? Do i just simple green the whole hull inside and just hose it out? This wont hurt the wires and stuff?

+1
    there should be a gap between cover and casing for the oil filter box. there is 2 seal on the top, the slim one that wedges between the cover and casing leaving a gap and there is a fat one lower on the cover that seals the inner sidewall. if you have a mess around there than you know exactly where to fix.

+1
    oil cooler

Ok i looked today and on the back side of the filter the top gasket is push out alittle like stick out about 1/16th is this enough to break the seal?

In the pic is this how it should look? And were my finger is was were it was sticking out? (i already fixed it) How tight should TQ this bolt down I think it was over tighten because when i went to take it off it was pretty tight...

How do you all clean the oil out inside the ski?

Thanks for the help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	181606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1,019.1 KB 
ID:	181607  

+1
    The top looks ok but no you dont usaully see the gasket stick out like thatWhat kinda seal you using??Ive never seen a red/orange one before..Also when you noticed the oil did the oil filter housing have oil all over it??

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    The top looks ok but no you dont usaully see the gasket stick out like thatWhat kinda seal you using??Ive never seen a red/orange one before..Also when you noticed the oil did the oil filter housing have oil all over it??

It seemed like thats were most of the oil was sitting. As in in the groves under it. Do you saying there shouldn't be a gap there were the gasket is in the first pic?

Not sure on the seal just what the local powersport dealer gave me... Witch Pic looks ok?

+1
    this is how it looks on my 04, there is a gap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0036.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	181620  

Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    this is how it looks on my 04, there is a gap

ok then it must have just pushed it out how tight do u tighten it Do u really think if that top o ring is not perfect it will leak with the other 3 o rings

you have to find this oil leak, look every where for wet oil use a flash light, if your oil filter housing was wet with oil then it may be leaking, but also as Hoss said, it may be your oil cooler if you have alot of water and oil mixed draining out the bottom plugs, that is if your carbon seal isn't leaking, your oil cooler probably took a crap, It happens, even on porsches.

The oil cooler is under your intake,its easy to pull if you have a #6 Torx socket.

+1
    i think your leak is some where other then the oil filter cap. it you lost all your oil out there everything would be covered with oil. dont ride the ski again till you find that leak or youll be replacing the motor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information