Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

97 SLT 700 Fuel delivery

Hello, Haven't visited here in a while but got a lot of help on a GTX last time. Now working on a 97 SLT 700. Just bought from friend who has owned for years. Typical story, low hours, stored indoors etc. Tried it out last week and ran it for 1 + hours with no problems. Had been sitting up for a year or more. First time I took it out on my own, topped off tank and after running for 7-8 minutes started bogging down when accellerating. Will only idle (perfectly) just won't perform under power. I had an almost exact same problem with my GTX a year or so ago and ended up changing out the gray gas lines, filters and eventually a carb rebuild. It has been running flawless ever since. This weekend I went ahead and changed the fuel lines (gray again) on the SLT along with the fuel filters and the lines were degrading inside. Still same bogging problem though. Is it likely the same thing as GTX - contamination in the carbs? Want to try a re-build myself, have looked at tech documentation in forums and think I can do it myself. I have the Keihin carbs but have not taken them off yet. I want to order or get the re-build kits before taking them off if possible. How can I determine if they are CDK or CDK ll? Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Polaris side

Yes, you need to rebuild the carb(s).

Clean out and rebuild the fuel selector valve too.

Click below for more info

Polaris Domestic (red) engine

I just bought a Polaris PWC - what should I do?
    What to do to get it running, keep it running, and avoid potential damage

Thanks for the quick response. Glad you mentioned the fuel selector as well. Kind of let that slip by when I replaced the fuel lines and filter. So is there a kit for that re-build also? (I haven't read the link yet you posted so maybe that's answered there? Thanks again

Sorry forgot to ask again. Do you know how to determine CDK or CDK ll?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GRM View Post
    ... Do you know how to determine CDK or CDK ll?
    According to the model listing I checked, there are two versions of the 1997 SL700;

SL 700 - 40mm Keihin CDK-II (Single carb)

SL 700 Deluxe - 38mm Keihin CDK-II (Dual carb)

The 1996 SL 700 apparently also had dual 38mm Keihin CDK-II, so check your model and year.

The last two digits of the HIN number plate on the rear deck are the model year.

hi mate look at sbt. com carb rebuild. note differance to yours . only guessing by year cdk. but check

OK Thanks to both for your replys

I have read all the info on rebuilding these Keihins, but I'm not sure I understand the pop off pressure item. If I use rebuild kits with all new parts do I really have to check the pop off pressures? If so I guess I have to buy a pressure gauge? Thanks again.

hi m8
    This is like the kit i used, for the genesis its complete with carb pump rebuild as well, its for keihin cdk11 carb. its shows kawaski same carb as polaris with 3 spring and needle to ajust pop off

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWAS...e95d2QQitemZ14 0317201874QQptZPersonalQ5fWatercraftQ5fPart

and all for about 42 usd including shipping . per carb

is its xmas
    do polaris seach on this site for pop off , you can buy or cheaply build your own details on here

Thanks for the info bud. How are things in England?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information