Rxt-x shoulda been named rxt-bhotdsb

RXT- BETTER HOLD ON TO DIS SUM BEACH!!

LOL... well i'm now the proud owner of an RXTX and jeez these boats have come along way since my old gsx limited.... granted it was perty nice when glen at ppg got a hold of it.... but this x boat is sickening...... bone stock... pegs the 70 speedo no problem.... although i realize that they might not be accurate, it sure feels like it.... does the stock speedo register anything beyond 70?? cuz u sure can feel the ski pull even after it starts reading 70... just wondering....

i figured that trimmed all the way up the ski would be faster on top speed, but i found some extra speed bout two notches below all out...... trim is nice, but it'll peg the speedo, no matter what position its in... and super fast too.....

love my new doo..... just gotta find some folks to roll with down here in south florida...

+1
    Welcome to the forum. Speedo does not go above 70

Banned User
    How many hours are on this us unit if this is a brand new ski u should not be pegging the 70mph yet u need to break it in.

Bought the ski used. 38 hrs on it. These skis are fast. I do believe I need a different intake grate. Pretty heavy chop yesterday and the ski wasn't liking it. I see most folks run the riva no?? Worx is a little more money? Who's tried both?? Which do u suggest? 4" kanaflex intake or 3" rear? And do u need to relocate intercooler to run either one of those intakes??

Congrats on your new purchase mate, you'll love it for another hr or 2 then start hunting for more, waaaay more! I didn't even run my ski a WOT whenI test rode it cos I was not feeling comfortable with the speed it was doing, not long after I started hunting for more go fast bits Enjoy mate!

Banned User
    The RXTX doesnt have a rear air setup for it, u have to make your own, i would do 4'' kanaflex if ur in chop like u say safest way not to get water in the motor, also the riva great is good for speed the worx is good for chop. Enjoy that ski man its a blast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dontletitfoolya View Post
    Bought the ski used. 38 hrs on it. These skis are fast. I do believe I need a different intake grate. Pretty heavy chop yesterday and the ski wasn't liking it. I see most folks run the riva no?? Worx is a little more money? Who's tried both?? Which do u suggest? 4" kanaflex intake or 3" rear? And do u need to relocate intercooler to run either one of those intakes??

What intake grate is on there?
    Riva want help you in the chop, but the worx will do well in chop. But if you are running stock intake grate the worx want be any better in chop over the stock grate.
    Run 4 inch on air to the front. Dont need to relocate ic for any of these mods.

+1
    I'm guessing you have an 08 or 09 model there...
    do some searching here on the forum about pump tunnel cracking, you might want to crawl under the trailer and check yours with a flashlight carefully for hairlines and look into reinforcing it soon; if the tunnel lets go you can sink your ski really quick, and this appears to be a design issue on those model years.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    welcome to the forum ...you have found the right place to learn everything you will ever need or want to know about them ...

i had the opportunity to ride a gtx limited superchargerd ski this weekend it was stock ..all i can say ..all the $$$$ i have put in my ski is worth it..

it was like riding a electric gocart ..compared to a 1000 cc sport bike...

let the mods begin

Thread Information