Question 97 SL 700 Engine Swap

What engines will be a direct fit into a 97 SL 700?

Will any year Hurricane 700 engine bolt up? Exhaust manifold the same? Carbs the same? Drive Shaft the same?

Looking for an engine for this ski, everything besides the cylinders is good, but the price for them is outrageous so I need to find an engine to replace it, or 2 cylinders!

Will 4Strokepolaristech's motor bolt up?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120323

+1
    check your motor mounts and see if you can look into dropping in a 1050 tripple... not sure if it will bolt right up though..

I'm new to these skis I would have no idea...I'm hoping someone else can answer that...

+1
    i know on some skis they would come with the engine mounts for the twins.. and the tripples.. and some just one.. you will have too look in your hull and see if there are extra mounting points.. they would be noticible.. they might be infront of the engine..

but that motor with the link i think would work.. same thing as the one thats in now but pm 4stroke and ask to be sure.

your e-box and cdi and stator would work with that motor fine.. with a 1050 swap you would need new cdi, stator, impellor,exaust and a few other things i might be forgetting

I know when I took the motor out the mounts had 2 studs sticking out of them, one little and one bigger...and the motor was bolted on to the bigger ones. But anyway, there is no way I can buy all the extra stuff I'd need for the 1050, even tho it would be awesome.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by laxs1308 View Post
    I know when I took the motor out the mounts had 2 studs sticking out of them, one little and one bigger...and the motor was bolted on to the bigger ones. But anyway, there is no way I can buy all the extra stuff I'd need for the 1050, even tho it would be awesome.
    yeah i love my 1050, and if you look you can find them for cheap, you will like your sl, the 700 is 90-95 hp so it will have enough get up and go for ya, i use to have a 650 and loved the thing!! you will enjoy it alot they are really made for one person, two people gets tricky, and you will fall off lol, but you can ride two up with practice, but with one person its stable enough and fun to do spins and jump waves and what not.

Thread Information