05 stx 15f oil question

I am fixing to change the oil in my stx 15f for the first time since I have owned it !!! I am just wanting a few options as to want kind of oil I can use !! THANKS

sorry but I am still a newbie !!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yow View Post
    I am fixing to change the oil in my stx 15f for the first time since I have owned it !!! I am just wanting a few options as to want kind of oil I can use !! THANKS

sorry but I am still a newbie !!!!
    Personaly?? i would stay with the marine grade oils out there. I have a 07 with about 40 hours on it and i'm still using the Kawasaki brand marine oil that was suggested in the owners manual partly because of it having the extended warranty on it. I would stay with kawasaki's oil filters, I tried one of the aftermarket types you get in parts stores and kept hearing upper engine noises. Changed it back to the kawasaki filter and the noises went away. BTW it takes 5.3 qts in case you was wondering and one skinny arm to get to the filter lol Nice bike too

I use the amsoil marine 10w40, very expensive! the kawasaki oil is alot cheaper. Stick with the stock filter

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STX-15FER View Post
    Personaly?? i would stay with the marine grade oils out there. I have a 07 with about 40 hours on it and i'm still using the Kawasaki brand marine oil that was suggested in the owners manual partly because of it having the extended warranty on it. I would stay with kawasaki's oil filters, I tried one of the aftermarket types you get in parts stores and kept hearing upper engine noises. Changed it back to the kawasaki filter and the noises went away. BTW it takes 5.3 qts in case you was wondering and one skinny arm to get to the filter lol Nice bike too
    Which aftermarket filter do you refer to? Was it a K&N? I switched to them after my 3rd oil change on my 08 STX-15F. The factory must put them on really tight because I could barely get it off even with the recommended filter wrench. The 2nd years filter (kawi) came off OK but I had already bought the K&N filter. The real reason I'm asking is because at the Atlantic City boat show, one of the dealers said they leak and to stick with the kawi filter. I did not have any oil leakage with the K&N and the kawi filter is a lot cheaper.

Thread Information