Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

06 rxt upgrade to x-charger

Sorry if this seems to be a repetitive question. I have an 06 rxt with 135 hours that I thought was toast after it quit in the middle of a wot corner last week. I did the riva washers at 70 hours but apparently should have done the bearing at same time. The s/c wheel bearing failed and only took out the supercharger thank goodness. I just want to confirm what I think I understand from some of the threads. Since I am buying a new supercharger I should go with the x-charger and 42 lb injectors? A reflash or rrfpr is not needed.. correct? Also a different prop or repitched? Anything I am missing? Will a new x-charger have the correct washers? figured since the s/c's are the same price, another $200 for 42 lb injectors is not a bad way to go for some more go fast. Any advice is welcomed, thanks in advance.. Oh I am in hot humid central fl. if that makes any difference

+1
    Just went the same route.
    IMO...If you are gonna spend 650$ for a 215 charger, better spend it on a x-charger. Of course you need the 42# injectors (maybee find some used one in the classified) and a different prop, you want a solas 15/20r to match that power. No need to get ecu reflashed and no need for rrfpr as long as you keep your stock internal intercooler.

Good luck!!

+1
    You're looking at the same set up I just put in. Yes the X charger has metal washers and the only other thing you need to do is add the 42's, nothing else...EXCEPT you will have the nagging thought in the back of your mind if you should have filled the oil hole in the charger. This is a debate that's been running for some time on the site and I haven't found a definitive answer...and like so many other things I have discovered, might be a personal preference thing.

After you install the charger and injectors check you RPM's to see if you need to tweak your prop. A lot of good info on the site if you want to change the charger and injectors yourself - both installs are really pretty easy. And make sure you buy the parts from 4 tec.

Good luck and get out now otherwise mod addiction will take over your life and your wallet.

Banned User
    Tim, i just did this for a friend of mine on his RXT, all u need is the charger and 42's nothing else but i would look at adding a nice 4'' air intake to feed that charger, also on the RXT u will want a 14/19r impeller.

+1
    make sure nothing from the charger got in the motor....

Thanks for the help guys, I have 2 different recommendations for props, one is 14/19r and the other is 15/20r for this setup. I don't understand how the 2 numbers correlate to the acceleration and top speed. Any other advice or opinions greatly welcomed. Johnny RXT, is the 4" intake you mentioned, the same one on Jerry has for sale on this site?

Thanks again

+1
    I heard with a stock air intake and stock intercooler 38 injectors will be fine. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Dockside, the oil pumps are being pulled and the oil changed. I did learn from the last time when my other one failed and took the motor out at 63 hours. After many phone calls, I did manage to get Bombardier to pay for the parts at least. Thanks for the advice. This forum is awesome

Pass1, are you happy with your setup? how much harder does it pull and top speed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by timvoit View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, I have 2 different recommendations for props, one is 14/19r and the other is 15/20r for this setup.
    Tim, one has more pitch than the other. For the X charger you will want the 15/20R. The 15/20R is about 1 mph faster than the 14/19R at the same RPM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information