Thread: Why so rich?

Why so rich?

I have had to turn my low speed circuit out over 4 turns and it still bogs when I snap it from idle to WOT.

It is uncommon to have to open them up that much? Idles fine and starts up cold fine.

If not what could be causing this. It is driving me nuts!!!!

-Thanks

+1
    Have you tried pulling the choke and popping it back in really quick to see if that helps with the throttle response? If it helps then that means you are too lean If you already have the screws out 4 turns and its stil lean, thenyou either need to increase the low speed jet, or lower the popoff, or both. did you just put all those mods on it, or did you buy it with them on?

It doesn't have chokes. I removed them to install a primer.

Stock setting for the lows is 1 1/8. Only thing I have on there at the moment is the F/A and I just put the intake grate on last week. Pop-off is around 30ish

What I am wondering though is it normal to have to turn them out that much past the stock setting?

+1
    After 2 - 2.5 turns, the low speed screws don't make a difference. When did this problem start happening? Have you tried squirting the primer a couple times and grabbing a handfull?

Well I bought this ski last July with a seized motor for $600. I spent the year and winter cleaning up the hull and installing new fuel, cooling, primer lines etc and fixing other small odd and ends on it and getting a new reman motor. So the motor is new and I just put it in about a month ago. Just got it on the water a few weeks ago. It is broke in been through 2 tanks already and I am running premix. Carbs have been rebuilt and cleaned thoroughly. So for the most part it is all new. It has done this from the start.

The strange thing is the more I turn them out, them more the problem goes away. But I am concerned about having to turn them out that much or more. It seems a little extreme to turn them out that much from the factory settings.

It will rev fine in the water and idle and start fine. It is just when I grab the throttle and snap it from idle to WOT it bogs and won't take off. Now I can ease into the throttle to about 1/4 and then snap it to WOT and it will take off fine. I started at the factory settings and the more I turn them out the better it gets. IMO I think over 4 turns out is a lot.

They only thing I can think of is I don't have pop off right or the accelerator pump is going bad maybe? What should the pop-off be on a Keihn triple?

Thread Information