Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Fzr/Sho,, nitrous how its works

    hello guys this is my first time to post here ,
    i would like to add some mods to my SHO 2009 and i already order the parts,

    i'll be running 16 Psi , and in top of that i want to run nitrous is there anyone running nitrous in here .

    thanks


  2. #2
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    Welcome to the forum.

    I've seen some threads on this topic--not on a SHO, though. Search the topic if you want to find more information on it.

    My opinion would be that it seems difficult to pitch a prop that works well for the 99.9% of the time you will be riding without nitrous that also works well for the other .1% of the time--that is unless the ski will only be ran 1/8 mile at a time. This is just my .02 though.

  3. #3
    FZS-T
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South..South...Florida
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertaws6 View Post
    hello guys this is my first time to post here ,
    i would like to add some mods to my SHO 2009 and i already order the parts,

    i'll be running 16 Psi , and in top of that i want to run nitrous is there anyone running nitrous in here .

    thanks

    Nitrous=IMO

  4. #4
    SHOTIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Englewood, FL.
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertaws6 View Post
    hello guys this is my first time to post here ,
    i would like to add some mods to my SHO 2009 and i already order the parts,

    i'll be running 16 Psi , and in top of that i want to run nitrous is there anyone running nitrous in here .

    thanks
    like craig said, any type of temporary power added will make it almost impossible to pitch your prop to work effectively. i thought about adding a squirt of methonol a while back but found out the problems and imo its not a good idea. (unless your only racing 1/8th mile)

  5. #5

  6. #6
    seems like with a aftermarket ignition you could make it work. just pitch your prop to ~7700 and when you hit the nitrous let it rev to ~8500+.

  7. #7
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    +1
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    seems like with a aftermarket ignition you could make it work. just pitch your prop to ~7700 and when you hit the nitrous let it rev to ~8500+.
    That's what I was thinking. With a Motec, I believe you can have multiple tunes programmed in & switch with the press of a button. Also, you can set the rev limit as high as you dare. Getting it to work without making it go boom is over my head though.

  8. #8
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    That's what I was thinking. With a Motec, I believe you can have multiple tunes programmed in & switch with the press of a button. Also, you can set the rev limit as high as you dare. Getting it to work without making it go boom is over my head though.
    There is an old saying on my racing website.

    "Just throw out your jets and let God sort it out." lolz

  9. #9
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17
    I think the point is that if you pitch the prop to run the nitrous the engine won't be able to pull it when off the spray. Nitrous is nice but our problem with these skis is definately not HP.............yet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fx sho trim. How does it work?
    By fokie in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
  2. Straight pipe and how to make it work on a 15f
    By smokeysevin in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 03:10 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 01:58 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 08:51 AM
  5. PURPOSE OF THE STATOR (HOW IT WORKS)> COOL SITE!
    By ABBOTT in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •