Thread: break in period

break in period

I've been searching around for break in period procedures haven't been able to turn up much. Does anyone have any links to pages i've missed? Or does anyone have any general recomendations?

thanks for the help in advance

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm Hi. I think this will say it all. I have done this with my maskine,and i talk to alot of mekanics friends, and they say it all the same, run it like you stole it with varied trottle, but stay of full trottle over longer period. My maskine "losen" at 5 hours

-------------------
    Bjorn Rxt IS 2009

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm Hi. I think this will say it all. I have done this with my maskine,and i talk to alot of mekanics friends, and they say it all the same, run it like you stole it with varied trottle, but stay of full trottle over longer period. My maskine "losen" at 5 hours

-------------------
    Bjorn Rxt IS 2009
    +1

thanks for the info. So correct me if I'm wrong, use regular key vary rpms and don't do a lot of long wot runs untill you get past the 10hr break in.

Isnt there a post by GreenHulk himself on breaking in the new ski? What is the reason the dealer tells me to use the learners key, its confusing to see everyone on here drasticly against it.

thanks again

If the dealer says that he has no idea what he is talking about. As it says on this link you will ruin the sylinders and piston, loosing alot of power and the motor will use more oil and gas with less power, with the learning key this may happend. You will not be able to run full trottle with learning key, whitch is needed to get everything right. Read the page many times and you will understand the priciple of the motor.

----------------
    Bjorn Rxt IS 2009

My dealer said NOT to use the learning key during break in and to vary the RPMs, but not go over 6000 RPM.

been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    my guys say drive it like you stole it, but stay outta top RPMs

so just play around at low speeds for 1st time or two out

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn1562 View Post
    I've been searching around for break in period procedures haven't been able to turn up much. Does anyone have any links to pages i've missed? Or does anyone have any general recomendations?

thanks for the help in advance
    Did you get a manual with your ski? My suggestion is follow the user manual that came with your Sea-Doo. On mine it basically tells you to avoid more than 3/4 throttle for the first 10 hours, but it also tells you that brief acceleration and varying the RPM's helps for a good break in. So what they are saying there is; have fun, just don't exceed 3/4 throttle or pin it WOT until after 10 hours.

Is this important? YOU BET; on the outside chance that you have an early engine problem, they can and WILL check the B.U.D.S. computer system; and if you "abused" the engine they can void your warranty; trust me we have had dealer techs on here to verify that this can and has been done, so just follow your manual and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by YoYamma; 04-11-2010 at 12:00 PM.

thanks for the info guys this should help me out when it comes time to break it in hopefully be able to get in the water within the next month.

+1
    Good deal, enjoy your new Sea-Doo!

Thread Information