250 Ultra Upgrades - Any feedback ?

My 2008 250 Ultra is bone stock today, but is in the shop now to get 2 upgrade kits installed next week. First, I am having the entire Riva Stage 1 kit installed which includes:

RIVA Ultra 250X Performance Power Filter Kit

RK13090

RIVA Ultra 250X Pro-Series Water Box

RK16091

RIVA Ultra 250X Free Flow Exhaust Kit (`08 model)

RK16090-08

RIVA Ultra 250X Top-Loader Intake Grate

RK22090

RIVA Ultra 250X Performance Ride Plate

RK21090

RIVA Ultra 250X Pro-Series Sponson Kit

RK26090
    PARTS PRICE TOTAL

Also having the R&D Ultra 250X Supercharger Stage 1 Engine Kit
    installed which includes:

The R&D Stage 1 Engine Kit consists of a R&D 1 TO 1 Supercharger Booster Wheel, R&D Tensioner Wheel, R&D Powershot Fuel Control Unit, R&D 625cc High Flow Fuel Injector Kit, R&D Fuel Pressure Regulator w/Mounting Bracket, R&D Fuel Pressure Gauge Adaptor, #4 AN style Fuel Rail Fitting, #4 AN Return Line Fitting, and preassembled SAE Coast Guard Approved Fuel Lines with #4 AN fittings. The R&D Stage 1 Engine Kit will deliver more horsepower reliably with the properly matched fuel control component parts only available through R&D.

Any comments on how this puppy will run, anything I need to be aware of, any tricky install tips or concerns with this set up ? Will this thing scream after these upgrades ? What will I likely see on GPS ?

Thanks.

You need to be aware that in chop you will lose all of the speed that the Ultra's gain by having the riva plate on there. Also, from what I have heard the top loader intake will scrub some of the speed that you will be gaining. Stock intake and stock plate (or R&D plate) are best. I am not sure about the sponsons. The R&D kit will help with speed, acceleration and rpm's.

I'll be honest, if I were you, I would go without the riva plate and inake. The sponsons are expensive as hell. They may serve some use in racing, but if you are just a rec rider, it may be overkill.

With everything you should be looking at a speed range of 72-74...

The best bang for you buck is advancing your timing 6 degrees. Hardly costs anything and greatly improves the acceleration.

Thanks for the feedback BC. I ride in a small lake in upstate NY ... only go out when it is glass for the most part. Riva guys swear the intake grate will not degrade top end on glass ... but who knows. I already paid for everything so it's all going on.

How can I get the timing advanced ?

FYI

Read this post about timing advance: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80184

The following are generally good reads for 250/260x modifications:

The "Kawasaki Tech Tips and Info" section of http://greenhulk.net

Skip's many posts in the "Ultra 250/260 Mods" section of http://www.teammotoracing.com/

Posts by JWilson (dude has like 50 names - i'm not going to try to list them all) and company at http://www.250xtech.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Skaneateles 08 Ultra 250 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback BC. I ride in a small lake in upstate NY ... only go out when it is glass for the most part. Riva guys swear the intake grate will not degrade top end on glass ... but who knows. I already paid for everything so it's all going on.

How can I get the timing advanced ?
    PS: You should know that ski's hull is a double-edged sword. It handles amazing in chop and offshore, unfortunately the hull is like an anchor on flat water and really limits the top speed. This setup will give you improvements for sure on flat water. The Riva plate will reduce stability in chop and offshore but if you don't plan to ride there then it doesn't matter. That being said don't be upset if you get beat by modified SeaDoos and Yamaha skis on flat water - that is just not what this ski is meant for - this is a rough water/offshore ski.

Thread Information