+1

Exclamation Quick test- Blaster mods

Over the past I don't know how long, I have done a few things to B#2. Some mild porting of the 61x cylinders, C/F reeds, gasket matching of the FP Limited Pipe, ported intake, Yamaha/Westcoast head and 170PSI. Some other small things, but whatever for now....

Very short test ride has shown this-

170psi, not enough. Putting back in smaller domes and going back up to around 195psi and will run 94 Octane.

My back, still a big problem. I can get on at the shoreline, but if I fall off, forget about it.

So, I tried, and I failed. I need more pain pills................

+1
    Honestly...before you jump up that much in compression ...try running a 13/17 straight up solas concord prop. Are you looking for more bottom end ..? The 13/17 , MOD pipe and 175psi on my 95 was a handful. My new blaster is a complete different ski with the 62T set up ...with the "course" porting on it. It's not got near the bottom end as the 61X but has crazy mid and top end power

M

+1
    Mike, I have a Solas I in there now. Not sure if that is ok or not for this.

I want to up the compression and that was where I ran the other one at, so I have all my note for it with the Mod pipe. This was has a limited chamber on it now, but sitting next to me is a shiny new Mod chamber looking for a place to live.

It just needs a little more all thru-out the rev range. This one (B#2) is very close in mods to B#1. Except B#1 has the cases done, MSD, Riva flywheel, and some other small things I am forgetting.

Seeing how I really can't ride right now, I am just adding a part here and there as $ allows.

Can't work = no $ = no mods =
    Just working with what I have so far.

Banned User
    I REALIZE YOU HAVE A B-2 BUT I HAVE SOME BACK ISSUES AS WELL THATS WHY I RIDE A BLASTER NOT A STANDUP ANYMORE. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO SIDE MOUNT IT? I FIND THIS CAN BE ALOT EASIER WHEN YOUR TIRED AND SORE. I DO IT ON THE B-1 BUT NOT SURE IF IT WOULD WORK THE SAME ON YOUR B-2. SHOULD THOUGH..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by extreemthrottle View Post
    I REALIZE YOU HAVE A B-2 BUT I HAVE SOME BACK ISSUES AS WELL THATS WHY I RIDE A BLASTER NOT A STANDUP ANYMORE. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO SIDE MOUNT IT? I FIND THIS CAN BE ALOT EASIER WHEN YOUR TIRED AND SORE. I DO IT ON THE B-1 BUT NOT SURE IF IT WOULD WORK THE SAME ON YOUR B-2. SHOULD THOUGH..
    I have 3 B1's. When I talk about them I call them B#1, B#2, B#3. Maybe I should call them A,B,C?

I tried to side-mount, felt like I was being pulled apart in the middle of my body. What I am doing, trying to ride, is totally against all my Drs orders. I am not going to stop trying until I either get it done and can ride in no pain and safely, or hurt myself more from trying.

Thank you for the suggestion and trying to help. I just wish it would work for me.

What kind of riding are you building the ski for? If you are in search of bottom end, you can run a low pitch hooker from Impros, they work really well. Our spec limiteds with these have much better bottom end than our old mild port limiteds from back in the day.

Also, is your ski a single or dual carb set up? What carb(s)?

Scottie

+1
    Hey Scottie

I mostly ride like a sport bike, and do a lot of carving. So no wake jumping or stunts. I am on the seat more often than not when I ride.

These are just play toys for this old man. I am just trying to get the most out of what I have, and not go balls out crazy. If I wanted crazy, I would just buy a billet engine and be done with it. I have fun just toying with my little ole 61X's and seeing what I can do with them.

This Blaster I am posting about now is a single 44SBN. Just jetted and with a primer, no choke. It is ported in a "mild" fashion.

Before I go out and test again with the added PSI, I need to get a tach on it. I have no idea what rpm's I am turning.

This one has a Solas I, and I am not sure what to do with this. Impellers are not my thing.

I don't want crazy low end like my other Blaster. That one won't stay on the water from a stop or slow speeds. Just want a well rounded ski that will run crisp and clean enough so the GF or anyone can ride it and not worry about it loading up and being to tempermental.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottie mac View Post
    What kind of riding are you building the ski for? If you are in search of bottom end, you can run a low pitch hooker from Impros, they work really well. Our spec limiteds with these have much better bottom end than our old mild port limiteds from back in the day.

Also, is your ski a single or dual carb set up? What carb(s)?

Scottie

The hooker props not only have good bottom but they also hook up better than the older I style props. I think you would be much better off with a 9/15. Give Dave a call, he is very good at setting these things up for your particular needs.

Scottie

+1
    The "I" prop was the desired prop for the Raider....not so much the blaster. The stock Raider prop would not allow the engine to get into the peak poweband of the pipe. I'm running a hooker as we speak "11/17" and it does seem to hook up very well. I'm going to likely get it pitched a bit more to help bring down my RPMS...since I'm running what those guys run in sport/spec with less power then my engine is making.

Thread Information