Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

A Game With A Prize

O.K. This little section is going to involve a game or two, maybe even three. The basic approach is to win the game which spans one month and recieve a reward for your win. We'll have different games, different sponsors and of course different prizes (the prizes will be limited to roughly 25.00).
    Our trial month will be a story. You have to tell a story, it should be about a FUNNY or CRAZY PWC stunt, ride event etc. This months "sponsor" is Randy from WATCON. He's been kind enough to offer up a liquid syphon (cool tool by the way, I never leave home without it)

So WHO has a story they think is worth a cool freebie and who's gonna be our first months winner??

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    I have a Crazy Stunt. It happened a few years ago at the AVI on the Colorado River. It was in March or April? Anyway, momar and I were there riding. We see the fire dept. and patrol hanging around the launch ramp. We ask what's going on and they say they are recovering a body from the river.

An hour or so goes by and we have been riding around. I let momar take my SJ for a spin while I wait in the lagoon/beach. I see this Kawi 3 seater with one of those tow behind guerney (sp). momar is cruising around and from he shore it looks like he ran it over. He gets back in and says he almost used the dead guy as a log jump on accident. The deceased guy was a construction worker because he had a tool belt on. The paramedics said he could have been drinking after work and fell in the river and drowned.

How is that for crazy?!

It was a fun and hassle free riding season until my last four trips to the water...
    Friday, August 18, 2006: My 98 GSXL all of a sudden starts filling up with water. Get her on the trailer and she's about 1/4 filled with water. Cause: clamp came off the drive shaft boot. VTS stops working - probably water screwed up the VTS motor.

Monday, August 21, 2006: Take my 98 GSXL out again and can't get her to run - must be water in the gas. While getting a tow, a guy runs into my leg with another ski. Put her on trailer and she is still taking on water for some reason.
    I get back from the river with my skis and there's smoke coming from the rear wheel area of my Suburban. The daggum rear seal is leaking all over everything!

Saturday, August 26, 2006: Take my RXP out. 15 minutes into the ride the display starts going buzzurk and beeping at me so I shut her down. Try to restart...nothing. Once I got over the humiliation of being towed by a Yamaha I spend 2 hours trying to find a battery. Four places that should have had one - nothing. Borrow a friend's battery and she's good to go. Go out again, ride about 20 miles and submarine the RXP, ingesting water into the motor. Take the plugs out and pump out tons of water but since there's water in the oil we tow it in. Get her home and do 8-9 oil changes and get her back on the water on the next Monday.

Monday, August 28, 2006: Take the RXP out on the water. Motor is fine but she only runs at 6700 rpms. Supercharger is blown. Get home and park my Suburban in the street. New neighbor across the street backs straight into it....$1000 in damage!

Saturday, September 2, 2006: Stop by the repair shop to check on my RXP. I've got my 4-place trailer with me. While negotiating the parking lot I bump the tongue of a boat trailer with my trailer, nicking up my trailer, but even worse the boat trailer (and boat on it) starts rolling backward and slams into another boat! And to top that off as I'm getting ready to leave the shop I notice that there is a "hiss" coming from one of my trailer tires. Somehow, a very large screw with a blunt end (no point on it all) has punctured one of my trailer tires! And as if that wasn't enough, the guy who won the bid on my GTX on ebay calls me that night and tells me his truck engine went out on him so he can't buy my ski since he has to buy another truck now!

Sunday, September 3, 2006: Get home from church and there's a sinkhole in my yard. It's about 15 feet by 8 feet and 5 feet deep! The county says the drain pipe in the street in front of my house has failed and needs to be replaced...all the way from in front of my house, down the property line to the street behind the house behind me! I just put up a brand new 6' fence that will have to be ripped out!!!

That's my story! All I can do is laugh now, and I hope some of you would get a good laugh out of all this too.

+1

The cloud over my head looks O.K. now............

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft

The cloud over my head looks O.K. now............
    After telling this story to someone else they said, "When it rains, it hails!"

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    Lucky the hole wasn't 6 feet deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLion
    NO KIDDING!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLion

I believe it was April '05, I almost lost my Polaris 900 and davidlem almost lost his Raider 1100. We decided to go out on a "small craft advisory" day and fight the inlet out. We made it and were faced by 8-10' waves.... COOL we thought....

All was well, got knocked off a few times, but we were able to get back on... but that white water wasn't friendly to us.

We both gunned it towards "the big one" which turned out to be a big wall of vertical white water. We immediately both went vertical and got forced to dump... before we coudl get back on our skis we got bitchslapped by an oncoming wave and had our ski's pulled away from us by the waves. Dave's seat flew off and the ski sat upsidedown for a bit then flipped back over.. our ski's almost collided on the peak of a wave but fortunately missed each other... but the skis were pulling to shore fast.

We ended up floating back to shore like a couple of washed up Cubans (hey I'm Cuban.. I can say that...). Our ski's made it to shore probably a minute or two before we did, intact fortunately. The lifeguards were on the shore running back and forth, not really doing anything... still confused on that one.

By the time we got to shore we had a good sized crowd, kinda embarrassing but funny There was a party near the beach and a nice lady brought us both a couple of beers (we needed it)...

We had to leave the skis on the public beach for about two days I believe, there was no getting them back in the water. We tried a couple times and got flipped off by the breaking waves... once the wind died down some a few days later we were back in business.

My only damage was a bent steering shaft, which we fixed on the beach. Dave's display on the Raider took a dump tho.

Hope you enjoyed the read!

Man, I gotta vote for JAG (not that we are voting...hey Al, should we be voting?) Sorry to hear about all that. I understand an occasional bad day, but WOW!

Aaron

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information