+1

97 XP With ADA head and more

Got a ski with a motor out of it (got it that way) and need some sugestions. Lots of things on this ski kinda toss a red flag.

It has ADA heads, F/A's, a aftermarket pipe (can't remeber the name right now), and a carbon fiber rotory valve.

First thing I did was go through the carbs, it has stock jetting PTO 147.5 main, 65 pilot, shinny silver spring and a 1.5 needle and seat. Mag has same except 142.5 main jet. That has to be lean for the parts added. I havent checked how man turns the adjusters are but its still gotta be lean. Mikuni BN-40I (SB) carbs.

Then I pop the heads off and I notice some damage and one Wiseco piston 779M08200 on the PTO side and one 81.89 ELKO 2096 with AUS on it(Sea-Doo?) piston on the Mag. Is this OK ? I have never done that and not sure if its OK.

So lets just start there. I am not that savy on the Sea-Doos carb settings so I am sure there is a tried and true setup for jetting and I can just get those parts set it and fine tune it then be done with that. As far as the pistons I am lost on what to do.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    sounds like the previous owner squeeked a piston and only bored one cylinder and replaced one piston instead of doing both. that would explain the jetting differences...I think
    Its got a Carbon Fiber Rotary valve? I gotta see pix of that...never seen one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    sounds like the previous owner squeeked a piston and only bored one cylinder and replaced one piston instead of doing both. that would explain the jetting differences...I think
    Its got a Carbon Fiber Rotary valve? I gotta see pix of that...never seen one.
    The standard jetting shows to have a bigger main jet on the PTO side. I'll go snag a pic hang on.

+1
    I know it has been worked on the one cylinder for sure it has marks like a shop bored it a bit. Mabey I should match both cylinder bores?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0891.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	182084  

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    It's better to put a stock RV in there i heard that they break and then end up ruining the engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    It's better to put a stock RV in there i heard that they break and then end up ruining the engine.
    Thats kina what I was thinking. What advantage can the carbon fiber RV possibly give? Nothing more that a stock part would as far as I can tell. What about the pistons? Is it a big no no to have two different pistons?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
    Thats kina what I was thinking. What advantage can the carbon fiber RV possibly give? Nothing more that a stock part would as far as I can tell. What about the pistons? Is it a big no no to have two different pistons?
    I dont see any advantage having a CF RV. As far as pistons go. its doable if you dont have the money or are a cheap azz. but personally I would rather have everything the same.

Thread Information