GP800R Servo "stuttering"

I have a 2000 GPR800. Just noticed today that the servo "stutters" after power is turned off. It should cycle once, of course... Anyone know of a fix? If not, any idea where to get one second hand?

Usually its the connector thats starting to corrode out. Disconnect it and try to clean the terminals. Thats usually a starting point. I have a couple for sale if it doesnt work.

+1
    sounds like a dirty connector. I would clean the terminals well with vinegar if you see green corrosion. Use an old toothbrush.

Here is a test procedure.
    http://www.hydrotoys.com/gpr/tuners/.../motortest.jpg

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Usually its the connector thats starting to corrode out. Disconnect it and try to clean the terminals. Thats usually a starting point. I have a couple for sale if it doesnt work.
    Have tried that on a few no workey for me!

No corrosion...

I took it out and tried the battery test. Same behavior. Guess it's time for a new one.

+1
    My '01 GP800R did the same thing. It just kept cycling the servo until it killed the battery.

Not sure why, but after I installed waveeater clips and the upgraded coupler, the problem stopped.

+1

Re: GP800R Servo "stuttering"

Most of the time it's always a bad servo motor. You will need to unplug it to keep your battery from going dead.

+1
    A lot of times, the water builds up on the seat-catch up front. When you pull the seat off, that water dumps down, on the servo-connector. Over time, it corrodes the connector, and does the little dance.

it can also kill the motor this way, as well as the battery. Once the damage is done to the servo, it's over.

Pull the connector apart. Look for any corrosion, and moisture. Use dielectric grease from your auto parts store, and liberally coat this connector. Dielectric grease displaces moisture and works really well on most electrical connectors.

I think it was the logic board. The 66E servo come completely apart. There was no corrosion anywhere. I tried the battery test directly to the logic board. It only pulls one way. I can pull the cable all the way and it will pull it back and then stutter when trying to go the other way.

But I got another from nightrider05 (thanks Jason) on my whirlwind trip to Kansas City. Put it on and everything's good again!

Thread Information