Do you leave the water adapter on flushout?

I saw on my friends boat that he leaves the little quick connect on thr flushout of his boat when he runs it in the water is that bad? the hole is smaller on the adapter verses leaving it off and the opening in now twice as big . So if you leave it on then you restrict water flow so wouldnt that make it run a little hotter ? I'm just wondering because it would just be easier to leave those quick connects on instead of always taking them off.

+1
    I leave mine in. I thought that was the whole purpose of the quick connect. Never thought to take it out. Might give it a shot and see what happens.

I leave it on (with a little blue loctite; lost one before). I think that flush design on the Sea-Doo is so re-tard-ed. It's hard enough to connect on the trailer, and impossible to connect from my boat lift. I remember someone modded to make the connect in the engine bay, but I never got around to doing it.

another me2 for leaving it on.

I figure its water pressure in the hose that circulates the cooling water. When you are running that hole is just a by-stander as the jet pump has another primary water intake. That hole, I think, is neither a primary inlet nor outlet.

I just leave my QC on but I have lost one too, and this year with VX1s advice I will loctite it on.

Posted by Shibby1485:

"alot of mis-information and bad assumptions in this thread... I always advise people that if ur not 110% positive about a fact, dont say anything at all.. that's how rumors spread, that's how false info spreads

yes.. it is FACT that when the ski is operating the flush port is the main EXIT of the cooling system. NOT THE EXHAUST. the flush port bleeds out the excess pressure in the cooling system. if you put a fitting in there and shrink the opening, you have now increased pressure in your intercooler, and in your j-pipe and have slowed the flow of water thru your intercooler (less efficient you COULD argue)... and you are now forcing more water to go the other way... which way? ...into the waterbox. water in your exhaust causes back pressure and lowers your rpms.

now whether the flush fittings will made a noticeable difference, that may vary from climate and conditions and skis... i advise my customers to remove them, but i assure them the ski will never blow up or be hurt from leaving it in there, it's just not the most optimum equilibrium for the cooling system... it was designed as a pressure bleed off point as the MAIN water dump of the cooling system

when you flush the ski... you are REVERSE FLUSHING... you are pushing water totally in the opposite direction of what it normally does while it's in the water... and a main reason for this is also because by reverse flushing, water is now coming out of the internal pump inlet, and causes the water to splash onto the rideplate which lets your rideplate be a heat exchanger out of the water also.

if you drop the nose of the trailer while your flushing, you can pretty much run the ski FOREVER without an overheat issue bc the rideplate will be getting cooled which is what cools the engine... naturally the carbon seal is the time bomb... i actually periodically spray water on the carbon seal in the hull if i need to run a ski on the flush for a very prolonged time for service

so while you SHOULDN'T leave it in.. you will never hurt the ski by doing so... u'll keep the exhaust cooler! .. but it wasn't designed that way. hot exhaust mvoes quicker. move water flow thru intercooler keeps it colder, less pressure in jacketing and intercooler is better"

Quote Originally Posted by atom1234 View Post
    I saw on my friends boat that he leaves the little quick connect on thr flushout of his boat when he runs it in the water is that bad? the hole is smaller on the adapter verses leaving it off and the opening in now twice as big . So if you leave it on then you restrict water flow so wouldnt that make it run a little hotter ? I'm just wondering because it would just be easier to leave those quick connects on instead of always taking them off.

thanks for setting the record straight. time to find a high-flow quick connect.

Thread Information