Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Honda Forum

Honda Forum

wow. I'm new here and I figured I would post here in the honda section. Hope to see some others move over here from pwct. It seems kinda dead here.

+1
    Welcome.

The following observation isn't directed at anyone. I just think there has GOT TO BE A REASON for the Honda platform to be neglected in the high-performance market. I've read the posts on pwcyesterday. Nothing really stands out...

IMHO,
    The Honda owners haven't quite stepped up. Strangely, the aftermarket hasn't supported them like other models either. Honda Corp, DEFINATELY has not stepped up to meet the performance wants and needs of the market. In 2008 there is a good chance they won't even be here.

Here is the problem as I see it:

1. No HONDA aftermarket likes to talk about TOP SPEED. This is a major issue, that stifles the development of a solid platform. When it comes into question, the Honda fan-boys start throwing out terms like "reliability." While this is a great attribute, what the hell does it have to do with performance? Whenver it gets questioned this should be a TOPIC OF DISCUSSION, to collaborate to improve.

2. It seems to me, that most Honda owners are more worried about having water in their footwells at idle, than the fact that the ski is an aweful rough water ski. What the hell???

3. Where is Honda in the race circuit??? I don't care how lame our racing is, they still suck. Honda, needs to show up and lay the smack down. Where is the super-Honda powered skis??? Pussies!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys
    Welcome.

The following observation isn't directed at anyone. I just think there has GOT TO BE A REASON for the Honda platform to be neglected in the high-performance market. I've read the posts on pwcyesterday. Nothing really stands out...

IMHO,
    The Honda owners haven't quite stepped up. Strangely, the aftermarket hasn't supported them like other models either. Honda Corp, DEFINATELY has not stepped up to meet the performance wants and needs of the market. In 2008 there is a good chance they won't even be here.

Here is the problem as I see it:

1. No HONDA aftermarket likes to talk about TOP SPEED. This is a major issue, that stifles the development of a solid platform. When it comes into question, the Honda fan-boys start throwing out terms like "reliability." While this is a great attribute, what the hell does it have to do with performance? Whenver it gets questioned this should be a TOPIC OF DISCUSSION, to collaborate to improve.

2. It seems to me, that most Honda owners are more worried about having water in their footwells at idle, than the fact that the ski is an aweful rough water ski. What the hell???

3. Where is Honda in the race circuit??? I don't care how lame our racing is, they still suck. Honda, needs to show up and lay the smack down. Where is the super-Honda powered skis??? Pussies!

Oh My!

+1
    Hey if it sparks some thoughts and action, I'm all for it.

Come on Honda folks! Step up!

+1
    Well if you were stuck with a 2nd hand tiger shark hull would you post about it?

As a honda owner I have been annoyed by Honda not giving us any performance parts. I bought my ski back in 03' and I bought it figuring that honda and other aftermarket companies would step up like they have with ALL other honda products such as their motorcycles, quad's and bikes. I do think that some smart people have come ut with some awesome performance parts such as Macsboost and Nitro's kit, but neither one of those fit the bill for racing. I don't believe anybody has hit the 70 MPH mark yet. Maybe they have but nobody is talking! It's not feasible to drop thousands of dollars into a ski and STILL not get close to being the fastest! I remember reading that Honda would be coming out with a new ski in 07' then 08' but still I see nothing. I really wonder when Honda will build a new ski. They have the technology. I would love to see a 1500 CC turbocharged pushing the 260 hp range with a hull and pump that could get it to speeds of at least 70+ while still having that HONDA RELIABILITY!

Until that happens I will be content cruzin around having fun but not winning any races soon...

+1
    Very well stated.

+1
    If what I have heard from some Honda dealers, the fabled "Honda Reliability" is just that...fabled. They have their share of problems, as do some of the skis that perform so much better.

They have an aged product that didn't set any bench marks even when it was "new". They still have new '04's that were not sold. I don't even see any BNG for '07 !

Richard

tiger shark

joe...... guess it depends on which motor they ran in what year!!!

+1
    When the Honda first came out and I saw it at Havasu I was assured it was new from top to bottom. I found it interesting that Honda already knew everybody was calling it a Tigershark hull. I remember how "cool" it was to see the engine access covers, I loved that idea. Other than that the Honda has left me always yearning for more. I also agree you CAN have performance and reliability at the same time. What about it Honda, we're still waiting. The problem is you're going to be to late by the time Kawi and SD make their next jump to light speed.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information