Help please, frustrated with wiring!!

Hey all, basically gonna make myself sound stupid for a bit! I looked at that red and purple wire on my 99 SLH700 tonight to the orange terminal to aid with warm restarting. However, I don't know what to do. I see the red purple wire come out of the CDI and branch into 2 red and purple wires. One goes to a small black box beside the coil and then from there to the red purple connector on the fuse board and the other red purple goes through a hole in the fuse box with various other wires (not connected to the red purple) and out into the hull somewhere. When I disconnect any red purple and connect to the orange connector posts on the fuse board the display goes off and I cannot turn it over. I hope I'm making sense? Also I think I may have the updated ignition as I see only 2 black white wires on the coil? Also the number 1010803 has a line through it on the CDI and 4010448 has been written in larger numbers underneath. Do I need to cut that red purple wire somewhere is what I'm trying to ask?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Post a clear photo of the electrical box, and put a piece of tape on the Red/Purple wire that you think is the CDI Red/Purple.

I suspect you are looking at the wrong wire(s).

ok i will do that on saturday prob. Not getting a chance to do anything with it at the moment. Of course it has to be broken when the good weather is here

no need to post pictures got it sorted. Its amazing what happens when you look at something twice!! now all I need is an exhaust gasket and i'm good to go again

Thread Information