Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    2006 RXP

kanaflex install... where to mount voltage regulator? and catch can?

I have the full fizzle kit and im trying to figure out a good place to mount the voltage regulator, anyone have a good spot?
    also, what am i supposed to do with the catch can? im not the most mechanically inclined guy and the instructions were a but cryptic to me.
    one last thing, is it REALLY necessary to install the air filter, the stock system didnt have one, so why does the aftermarket one?

also, i included some pics if anyone has any other suggestions for length/placement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 002.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	182239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 003.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	182240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 004.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	182241  

+1
    Putting the filter on is optional, some do and some dont. I think you get a little better response with it left off.

I bought a rectifier bracket here off of another member that mounts it to the battery tray. Others have found there own custom ways of mounting it.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=rectifier

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120962

The fizzle kit does not give you recommendations where to mount the catch can?

2006 RXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post

The fizzle kit does not give you recommendations where to mount the catch can?

here is all the instructions with regards to the catch can(im not mechanically inclined, so i need it broken down barney style, pics of finished job is also appreciated!):

Tighten the breather filter on the catch can and all threaded fitting on the actual can. Sealing all threads is recommended.
    06~Newer Models: Cut the factory breather hose at a point close to the beginning of the front of exhaust manifold (Front of exhaust manifold is the end closest to the front of the craft). Attach the catch can to this hose and secure with OEM clamp.

Banned User
    +1
    Remove that hunk of black plastic tubing that is under the steering, its junk now...and route the hose up there...Place the filter in that location. Placing a filter on the end will eliminate any debris getting sucked into the intake. Even a small bug can cause damage to the SC blades...

2006 RXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Remove that hunk of black plastic tubing that is under the steering, its junk now...and route the hose up there...Place the filter in that location. Placing a filter on the end will eliminate any debris getting sucked into the intake. Even a small bug can cause damage to the SC blades...

whats that plastic for?

+1
    Its part of the ventilation system in case you tip your ski upside down,When it is complete it is designed to help keep water from rushing inside your hull..

2006 RXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Its part of the ventilation system in case you tip your ski upside down,When it is complete it is designed to help keep water from rushing inside your hull..

when i take off that piece, should i cover any holes or something? or just make sure i never tip the ski again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bblades262 View Post
    when i take off that piece, should i cover any holes or something? or just make sure i never tip the ski again.

Ha....Some use a piece of flo-rite material to cover it,Some do nothing at all with it...its your preferance..

Banned User
    +1

Just remove the plastic, it will leave a triangle hole under the storage bin, in front of the seat...Thats how the motor will get its air...

2006 RXP
    here is all the instructions with regards to the catch can(im not mechanically inclined, so i need it broken down barney style, pics of finished job is also appreciated!):

Tighten the breather filter on the catch can and all threaded fitting on the actual can. Sealing all threads is recommended.
    06~Newer Models: Cut the factory breather hose at a point close to the beginning of the front of exhaust manifold (Front of exhaust manifold is the end closest to the front of the craft). Attach the catch can to this hose and secure with OEM clamp.

and the catch can? anyone have completed pics or can explain this part of the install to me better?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information