Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to get strait pisser fittings???

The previous owner of my ultra 150 installed a tripple pisser kit, but did not install the strait head fittings. I want to get rid of the 90* fittings just to elminate any chance of something getting stuck.

Where can I get these fittings besides Ski-Worx? I have emailed them, tried contacting them on forums, and called them and have still not heard back from them.

I know that they have to be the right ID or the ski will overheat. Any suggestions?

Well you will need some standard 3/8 barbed fittings that are I believe 1/4 NPT thread. Then fill them with solder and drill them out. That is what Steve at SkiWorx does. I can measure the hole drilled in mine. Use a high temp solder when you do it and use a torch to heat up fitting.

That would be awesome if you can measure the hole he drilled. Thanks!

Oh and by the way i flamed skiworx a few times on the forums and he PM'ed me to find out why. After typing a long response to him as to why i said what I said he has still to respond to me.

I pulled one of my fittings out and it is reduced to 5/32. Looks like they have brazed a piece of copper in them and then drilled them out. Just the end of the barbed fitting is where it is reduced. Here is a site that sells some high temp solder. This flows at 650\F. If your heads get that hot I would worry about other things. www.brownells.com. do a search for solder and it is their hi-temp hi-force 44. use some flux as you would when sweating plumbing pipes and you should be good.

One more thing. i measures the threaded end of the fitting and it is 1/4 id x 3/8 barbed.

Thanks! I was thinking of brazing some tube in there. I really appreciate you pulling the fitting and checking it. I will let you know how it goes.

Guy

I ordered two triple pisser kits from Steve in August. The straight fittings he sent me will not fit into my heads. I have yet to get the correct fittings to install the pisser kits.
    Now i need a holder for the STXR not sure where to get one of these. I replaced this one two years ago and it is already leaking.
    I don't know if my straight fittings will fit yours but you are more than welcome to them.

SpeedFreak,

If they are the right size, I will purchase them from you so you are not out anything.

I just measured my fittings and they are 1/8"NPT (male) and a 3/8 hose barb with a 5/32 I.D. Are those the sizes of the fittings you have? If they are, let me know how much you want for them.

Guy

I can guarantee nothing all i know is the will not fit into the stock heads on my stxr or ultra. Shoot me an email

[email protected]

we can figure a way to get these to you and maybe they will work for you.

Fittings

We have them in stock ready to ship..

Chuck I will send your fittings but I thought you where going to mail those back thats why I was waiting, my bad.. I will send them and a Drive shaft holder out tomorrow..

formula2fast, Call me today and I will send you out some also..

Jeremiah, I do not spend much time over here so I didnt know you had PM'D me.. I will call you later today..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information