Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

RXP 10hr service

Taking my RXP in for the 10 hr service. Is there anything I "need" to know before & after the dealer touches my new baby ?? For instance, while calling local dealers to get prices on the service, it ranges anywhere from $150-250 + parts (because it has a S/C, they tell me {??}). Some stealers are telling me they need to change the plugs, not sur ethats correct based on BRP's manual.

I normally do ALL work myself, but I've decided to let the stealer touch this one, for now.

yes I would like to know this also mine is close to the 10 hr point and also can this be done by the owner its self?

Supercharger has no effect on the labor involved on the 10 hour inspection. It's simply a oil/filter change with a bunch of stuff visually inspected and a diagnostic report using the buds system.

+1
    You can do everything yourself, except hook it up to buds. Make sure they don't overfill the oil like many dealers do!! or u will loose rpms. the oil level should be in the middle of the 2 bends on the stick ...no higher.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelse68cal
    yes I would like to know this also mine is close to the 10 hr point and also can this be done by the owner its self?
    BTW, I noticed on another post you got yer ski @ Berts. They are the ones telling me $250 + parts, "because it has a S/C", whatever. So I'm still looking.

Also, whats "buds" ????

+1
    BUDS is the name of the software they use to communicate with your ski.

250 for an oil Change Daaaaaaammmmm! Now that is getting it with out vaseline! But you know dealers have some by the balls! Also Hulk where is the filter at that you need to change. I am getting ready to do the Oil change my self! Also on quick question if you do all the service your self and dont have a dealer record of it will it void your warranty if something was to go wrong. Cause I know on some cars if you dont keep your recepits for oil changes if something where to go wrong it will void your warranty if you dont keep proper records! Is this the case with BRP?

+1
    I changed my own oil. I got my filter at the local dealer. Nothing went wrong but if something did I don't know about the void warranty idea. If it's the first 10-hour oil change you will have to have your ski plugged into a computer at the dealer for the "MAINTENANCE" light to stop flashing at start-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelse68cal
    250 for an oil Change Daaaaaaammmmm! Now that is getting it with out vaseline! But you know dealers have some by the balls! Also Hulk where is the filter at that you need to change. I am getting ready to do the Oil change my self! Also on quick question if you do all the service your self and dont have a dealer record of it will it void your warranty if something was to go wrong. Cause I know on some cars if you dont keep your recepits for oil changes if something where to go wrong it will void your warranty if you dont keep proper records! Is this the case with BRP?
    The filter is located just aft of the engine. Looking down you will see it just in front and down from the coolant bottle. There is a torx bolt head on it. The filter is in a black housing. Pull the cap off (Gently) careful o fthe o-ring.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn 250 for an oil change. I'd drive farther to find a chaeper place. I paid 74+parts......and a key thay I forgot ,good thing they gave me a 50 dollar credit since they screwed up my paper work 3 times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information