Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Injector Dynamics on the Yamaha

I am in process of installing the 1,000cc Injector Dynamic's. When I am replacing the stock injectors with these I notice there is a black soft spacer that remains. Are these used with the Injector Dynamics? And does the little rubber ring around the bottom of the injector dynamics stay on the bottom of the injector also?

The reason why I am asking, it does not seem like it is a snug fit when I just place the injector by hand in the hole. Well, not as snug as the stock ones.

I have attached some pictures for reference. Any tips would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Injector Dynamics #1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	277.6 KB 
ID:	182258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Injector Dynamics #2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	510.1 KB 
ID:	182259  

Yes and yes. I also noticed that they are not as snug.
    Works okay though.

If they are real loose for some reason I guess you could sand or file the (bolt) spacers a very small amount. That should put a little more pressure on them. Don't want to do too much as you would increase the pressure on the fuel rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    I am in process of installing the 1,000cc Injector Dynamic's. When I am replacing the stock injectors with these I notice there is a black soft spacer that remains. Are these used with the Injector Dynamics? .
    Hi Carlos,
    Not sure about the 1,000cc but when I fitted the 725cc Injector Dynamics I took out the soft black spacer (approx 4.6mm thick) that were in the injector holes.
    When bolted up I found that I could turn the 725cc injectors by hand with a little pressure. 40 hours later they have never leaked.

Ed

+1
    So we have one person who left them in and another who took the spacers out. When I take the spacers out, it seem like the little black ring could easily fall into the motor.

I wonder what the official word is...

Tie breaker, where's Jerry?

Just thought I'd share a bit from my experience installing them..

The rubber grammet that is in the manifold should stay in place... The injectors sit on the top of them..

I had a few leaks with them and noticed the oring that meets the fuel rail is too small so i took the orings off the stock injectors and doubled up on orings, so i now have 3 orings total on the injector ( 2 up top and 1 on the bottom)

After i doubled up on the oring it was a much more tighter fit and no more leaks...

other than that, they work great...

These look identical to the Riva 1000cc injectors i have, and i bet they are the exact same injector, if so, remove the stock thick rubber grommett on the intake manifold and use the thinner o-rings supplied with the injector.
    Yes they will feel loose when you spin them by hand, this is normal.
    By removing the stock thick rubber seal/spacer you put the injector tip down in the intake manifold further, more directly into the incoming charge of air, which gives better atomization, and more HP.
    Did these come with a set of fuel rail spacers also? If they are the same injectors as Rivas you must have the spacers as the injector is a bit taller than OEM, even after removing the thick rubber OEM injector seal.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    These look identical to the Riva 1000cc injectors i have, and i bet they are the exact same injector, if so, remove the stock thick rubber grommett on the intake manifold and use the thinner o-rings supplied with the injector.
    Yes they will feel loose when you spin them by hand, this is normal.
    By removing the stock thick rubber seal/spacer you put the injector tip down in the intake manifold further, more directly into the incoming charge of air, which gives better atomization, and more HP.
    Did these come with a set of fuel rail spacers also? If they are the same injectors as Rivas you must have the spacers as the injector is a bit taller than OEM, even after removing the thick rubber OEM injector seal.
    Oh you mean the Injector Dynamic injectors Riva sells

+1
    I have the aluminum spacers to manage the additional length of the injector. However, the injector dynamics did not come with additional "soft" black spacers that I purchased via Greenhulk unless your talking about the o-ring on the bottom of the I injector that I show in the pictures above. Is that what your refering to?

So I guess I am stiling looking for more advice on the proper installation of these injectors.

Since they are the same injector according to Nils.
    Do not use the soft black .180 thick OEM seals in the intake manifold. They are for the OEM injectors only. Pull them out, and use the thinner orings supplied with the injectors.
    If you do try and use them, you will smash and destroy something when tightening the fuel rail down. There isnt enough clearance engineered for them.
    This is why Riva sells the entire kit, with instructions to remove the OEM thick seal. Their kit consists of..
    Injectors with orings installed on them, fuel rail spacers, longer rail bolts, washers and jumper harnesses for all 4 injectors, and a set of instructions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information