Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What would you do?

I am a NewB to this forum. I have an 2006 RXP with 13 hours on it. The ski was in an accident(big mess). There is substantial damage to the front end fiberglass and instrument cluster. The bill is going to come out to about five grand. The ski has been at a local dealer here in FT Lauderdale area for two months now.
    I wanted to see if anyone else has had experience with a ski that had some major fiberglass damage. The fiberglass repair is going to be about $2,500 itself. How will the Doo compare to what it was. I have been told fiberglass is stronger when it is repaired...

Also after a five thousand dollar repair, would you keep the ski, sell it, trade it in for an 07...

Just wanted to get some thoughts from someone that might have been in the a similar situation....

+1
    Welcome to the Forum.

+1
    Welcome to the forum!

Have you considered parting the ski out and starting over?

+1
    I dont think that will be an option for me. Its not really about the money as far as repairing the Doo. The person who ran into my ski is paying for the repairs. I am just worried about the overal quality of the ski(cosmetically and structure) when it comes back and also in the future resale value....

+1
    Do you have any pics of the damage you could post?

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    part it out and sell your motor to 01xdime lol

You may consider taking the $5K required to fix it, part out the PWC, then go buy yourself a '07 RXP.
    '07 RXP is rumored to have more HPs and new fiberglas. Information on '07 Sea Doo lineup is due out next week.

Hi and welcome,

Read what I have just put http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11518 (page 2).

as long as they refibre glass and not filler the ski I would stick with it, if you brought another ski how do you know its not been repaired before? mine now looks as good as new and shows no signs of weakness.
    Tug

+1
    Thanks for the info...Greatly appreciated....I will post some pics. It is not pretty...

Ive got another quest. How do you guys handle when friends want to ride the ski or in this case it was friend of friends...We were hanging out all day on a Sand Bar in Marco Island FL and there was 8 RXP's and about 25 people(other boats brought the extra people). Everyone was riding the Ski's..mine I kept the keys with me...no-one was trying to borrow mine until a girlfriend of my buddies buddy asks for mine. I did not want to be "That Guy" and say no since all the other skis were being used by everyone...I thought I did the right thing by giving her the learner key....well she did fine, but her BF went to spray her and went practically through the front of my Ski....

Next time I have a excuse to be "that guy"

I would take the repair money and part out the ski or sell it as-is for $3500-4000 then go buy a new ski or a pristine condition used one. You never know how a major repair is going to turn out, something can go wrong for even the best of shops doing stuff like this and you might be stuck with a POS ski.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information