Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I get a RXT or ?

Well, I am getting rid of my 03 GP1300r and moving on.

I have been considering getting a RXP or a RXT.

Now, I have no left out the Ultra, but I hear it is a gas guzzler.

I want to go fast, yet at the same time I don't want something thats gonna kill my pocket in gas.

I also want to keep in mind how expensive is it to get to 70 - 73 with any of these machines.
    Thats about as fast as I can stand to go.

Any suggestions?

rxp is nimble and will get to 70-73 the cheapest. because its lighter. the rxt is better in chop tho. but doesnt turn very well compared to a rxp. plus the rxp has trim which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    rxp is nimble and will get to 70-73 the cheapest. because its lighter. the rxt is better in chop tho. but doesnt turn very well compared to a rxp. plus the rxp has trim which is nice.
    I tested a 06 RXP back in the day, I cant really remember how they ride.

Do they stay hooked up fairly well? I ride in a lake for the most part, but it can get pretty rough out there.

+1
    My RXP ran 70.8 stock. its very easy toget an rxp over 70. I ride lake erie and luv it, itll handle the chop better then your gpr did. if you want something like your gpr but alot faster the rxp is the way to go.

well all depends on what kind of aftermarket grate you may get. i herd the R and D is good in chop, i have a riva but i havent rode on my ski yet this year. rxp should hook up good with any choice of grate. i would go with an rxp its more fun, i have both an 07 T and an 07 P i favor the P its just more fun.

Alright, cool comments.

Do you guys think these RXP's will be around much longer before Sea Doo decides to release something new?

Also, how much should I spend on a RXP with a single trailer with less than say 50hrs on it?

I havn't found one, but I am going to start looking this weekend.

Im sure the Rxp will stay around for a LONG time im sure sea doo wont get rid of their prized 2 seater.

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkRider View Post
    Do they stay hooked up fairly well? I ride in a lake for the most part, but it can get pretty rough out there.
    Only posting because you mentioned the Ultra earlier... My 250X definitely burns gas but at least it has a large tank.

As far as hookup goes the 250X/260X is hard to beat in heavy chop and offshore (we will have to see how the RXT-X 260 stacks up). That being said it is relatively expensive to modify for top speed and won't be able to keep up with the SeaDoos and Yamahas on flat water or light chop.

These guys could probably tell you more about RXP vs RXT...

PS: Not sure what your budget is, considering that you are coming from a GP have you considered a FZR/S? Yamaha used the GP hull as inspiration when designing the FZ skis and I have heard that there are some similarities in terms of handling characteristics despite the difference in size. The FZs are seem to be great skis and R&D just started offering ECU re-flashing services on the FZ skis so you don't "have" to go MoTec to get good gains (although the die-hard enthusiasts and racers probably still will). For what it's worth my next ski will be a FZS...

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    Only posting because you mentioned the Ultra earlier... My 250X definitely burns gas but at least it has a large tank.

As far as hookup goes the 250X/260X is hard to beat in heavy chop and offshore (we will have to see how the RXT-X 260 stacks up). That being said it is relatively expensive to modify for top speed and won't be able to keep up with the SeaDoos and Yamahas on flat water or light chop.

These guys could probably tell you more about RXP vs RXT...

PS: Not sure what your budget is, considering that you are coming from a GP have you considered a FZR/S? Yamaha used the GP hull as inspiration when designing the FZ skis and I have heard that there are some similarities in terms of handling characteristics despite the difference in size. The FZs are seem to be great skis and R&D just started offering ECU re-flashing services on the FZ skis so you don't "have" to go MoTec to get good gains (although the die-hard enthusiasts and racers probably still will). For what it's worth my next ski will be a FZS...

I'd love to get a FZS/R, but I simply cannot afford a new machine this year. It is a possibility for next year though.

Thanks for the input on the Ultra!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information