Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rossier pipe setup

My friend has a 96 GTX with f/a and a jet kit. He also has a rossier head and wanted more out so he just got a rossier pipe with ecwi.

Where should we start the jetting if it needs to be changed? Also, where should I set the on point and off and slope off? for the ecwi? This has a jet installed in the stinger fitting too which is a 135. Should I leave that alone or change it, and what should send the water there? A jetworks flow valve?

Thanks for the help

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    What brand flame arrestors John?

R and D. He bought the kit from Bill O'neal.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Get ahold of Rick at Rossier he will be able to tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by jwick86 View Post
    My friend has a 96 GTX with f/a and a jet kit. He also has a rossier head and wanted more out so he just got a rossier pipe with ecwi.

Where should we start the jetting if it needs to be changed? Also, where should I set the on point and off and slope off? for the ecwi? This has a jet installed in the stinger fitting too which is a 135. Should I leave that alone or change it, and what should send the water there? A jetworks flow valve?

Thanks for the help
    80 pilots, 145/147.5 mains. 2.0 n&s, 80 gram springs. Go to MSD's site and download the manual for the EWCI. If memory serves me correctly it is on @ 3k, and off @ 5k. replace the stinger with a 175 jet, and get a Jetworks Flow Valve and a FloJet strainer. Tee off the pump line going to the engine. Run a 110 or 115 jet in the midpipe, the larger hull needs more water/torque.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    80 pilots, 145/147.5 mains. 2.0 n&s, 80 gram springs. Go to MSD's site and download the manual for the EWCI. If memory serves me correctly it is on @ 3k, and off @ 5k. replace the stinger with a 175 jet, and get a Jetworks Flow Valve and a FloJet strainer. Tee off the pump line going to the engine. Run a 110 or 115 jet in the midpipe, the larger hull needs more water/torque.
    A 2.0n&s with 80g spring? Won't that have too low of a pop off for a 787? I'm not doubting you just double checking before I change everything. My ECWI is the msd which turns on at either 3500 or 4k. It can start the shut off at 4500-6k in 500 increments. Then also has a "turn off slope speed" which starts at 750-1500 in 250 increments. Also, this pipe currently has a plug in the mid pipe where the factory WR would come in. The spray nozzle for the ECWI is drilled directly into the mounting where it bolts to the manifold. Does that need a jet aswell or is the spray bar the correct amount of water? Thanks alot for your help Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by jwick86 View Post
    A 2.0n&s with 80g spring? Won't that have too low of a pop off for a 787? I'm not doubting you just double checking before I change everything. My ECWI is the msd which turns on at either 3500 or 4k. It can start the shut off at 4500-6k in 500 increments. Then also has a "turn off slope speed" which starts at 750-1500 in 250 increments. Also, this pipe currently has a plug in the mid pipe where the factory WR would come in. The spray nozzle for the ECWI is drilled directly into the mounting where it bolts to the manifold. Does that need a jet aswell or is the spray bar the correct amount of water? Thanks alot for your help Rob.
    The 80 pilots, 80 gram springs, and 2.0 n&s are the original recommended jetting that came with the R&D Flame Arrestor. It ran really well on my XP and a few GSX's, back when it was mostly stock.

I think MSD starting is at 3500 then. I have the instructions, but am on my way out of town for the weekend. If it is a MSD spraybar, no jet is needed. I never used one. And it's mounted in the correct location.

Get a lighter ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Piranha Performance View Post
    Get a lighter ski.
    No need for a lighter ski. I'll just make this faster!! Keep in mind Mark, my gtx pulls 53.6, stock. I have yet to put F/a or a head, or this pipe, and maybe a new prop too.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    The 80 pilots, 80 gram springs, and 2.0 n&s are the original recommended jetting that came with the R&D Flame Arrestor. It ran really well on my XP and a few GSX's, back when it was mostly stock.

I think MSD starting is at 3500 then. I have the instructions, but am on my way out of town for the weekend. If it is a MSD spraybar, no jet is needed. I never used one. And it's mounted in the correct location.
    Rob I didn't know the R&D came with 2.0 as my friends kit came with a 1.5 and 95. Very poor transition, back to 80 and good. I'll have to try the 2.0.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information