Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1

    Rossier pipe setup

    My friend has a 96 GTX with f/a and a jet kit. He also has a rossier head and wanted more out so he just got a rossier pipe with ecwi.

    Where should we start the jetting if it needs to be changed? Also, where should I set the on point and off and slope off? for the ecwi? This has a jet installed in the stinger fitting too which is a 135. Should I leave that alone or change it, and what should send the water there? A jetworks flow valve?

    Thanks for the help


  2. #2
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    What brand flame arrestors John?

  3. #3
    R and D. He bought the kit from Bill O'neal.

  4. #4
    "Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    533
    Get ahold of Rick at Rossier he will be able to tell ya.

  5. #5
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Quote Originally Posted by jwick86 View Post
    My friend has a 96 GTX with f/a and a jet kit. He also has a rossier head and wanted more out so he just got a rossier pipe with ecwi.

    Where should we start the jetting if it needs to be changed? Also, where should I set the on point and off and slope off? for the ecwi? This has a jet installed in the stinger fitting too which is a 135. Should I leave that alone or change it, and what should send the water there? A jetworks flow valve?

    Thanks for the help
    80 pilots, 145/147.5 mains. 2.0 n&s, 80 gram springs. Go to MSD's site and download the manual for the EWCI. If memory serves me correctly it is on @ 3k, and off @ 5k. replace the stinger with a 175 jet, and get a Jetworks Flow Valve and a FloJet strainer. Tee off the pump line going to the engine. Run a 110 or 115 jet in the midpipe, the larger hull needs more water/torque.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    80 pilots, 145/147.5 mains. 2.0 n&s, 80 gram springs. Go to MSD's site and download the manual for the EWCI. If memory serves me correctly it is on @ 3k, and off @ 5k. replace the stinger with a 175 jet, and get a Jetworks Flow Valve and a FloJet strainer. Tee off the pump line going to the engine. Run a 110 or 115 jet in the midpipe, the larger hull needs more water/torque.
    A 2.0n&s with 80g spring? Won't that have too low of a pop off for a 787? I'm not doubting you just double checking before I change everything. My ECWI is the msd which turns on at either 3500 or 4k. It can start the shut off at 4500-6k in 500 increments. Then also has a "turn off slope speed" which starts at 750-1500 in 250 increments. Also, this pipe currently has a plug in the mid pipe where the factory WR would come in. The spray nozzle for the ECWI is drilled directly into the mounting where it bolts to the manifold. Does that need a jet aswell or is the spray bar the correct amount of water? Thanks alot for your help Rob.

  7. #7
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Quote Originally Posted by jwick86 View Post
    A 2.0n&s with 80g spring? Won't that have too low of a pop off for a 787? I'm not doubting you just double checking before I change everything. My ECWI is the msd which turns on at either 3500 or 4k. It can start the shut off at 4500-6k in 500 increments. Then also has a "turn off slope speed" which starts at 750-1500 in 250 increments. Also, this pipe currently has a plug in the mid pipe where the factory WR would come in. The spray nozzle for the ECWI is drilled directly into the mounting where it bolts to the manifold. Does that need a jet aswell or is the spray bar the correct amount of water? Thanks alot for your help Rob.
    The 80 pilots, 80 gram springs, and 2.0 n&s are the original recommended jetting that came with the R&D Flame Arrestor. It ran really well on my XP and a few GSX's, back when it was mostly stock.

    I think MSD starting is at 3500 then. I have the instructions, but am on my way out of town for the weekend. If it is a MSD spraybar, no jet is needed. I never used one. And it's mounted in the correct location.

  8. #8
    Get a lighter ski.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha Performance View Post
    Get a lighter ski.
    No need for a lighter ski. I'll just make this faster!! Keep in mind Mark, my gtx pulls 53.6, stock. I have yet to put F/a or a head, or this pipe, and maybe a new prop too.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    The 80 pilots, 80 gram springs, and 2.0 n&s are the original recommended jetting that came with the R&D Flame Arrestor. It ran really well on my XP and a few GSX's, back when it was mostly stock.

    I think MSD starting is at 3500 then. I have the instructions, but am on my way out of town for the weekend. If it is a MSD spraybar, no jet is needed. I never used one. And it's mounted in the correct location.
    Rob I didn't know the R&D came with 2.0 as my friends kit came with a 1.5 and 95. Very poor transition, back to 80 and good. I'll have to try the 2.0.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS- Group K sleeper kit, Rossier pipe, novi 42's and more
    By pdxrealtor in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2015, 08:15 PM
  2. rossier pipe setup
    By 4.0l sahara in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 08:26 PM
  3. Advice on Rossier Pipe setup
    By revhardSPX in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 06:16 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 09:55 AM
  5. For those with a straight pipe setup
    By turboAD in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •