Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Polaris Vaccu-Hold Covers - Anyone Using?

I'm looking for a couple of covers for my skis, I tried a couple of generic ones but they don't fit well, and the process of tie down to the trailer is painful. I have seen vaccu-hold (I think thats what its called) covers on ebay, they ain't cheap but it looks like they really work well with no tie downs. Wondering if anyone has one on their ski, and would you recommend it before I decide to buy.

I have them and they work nice. There is a elastic tie around the opening of the cover to help hold it down when towing. I have never towed anywhere far with them, but when I had, they hold nicely as long as you have the elastic tight enough. You can find them reasonably priced on ebay if you look. I bought both of mine for $60 a piece brand new. One does have a small tear on it which really does not affect it.

+1
    I have the OEM covers for the SLX and MSX, the SLX one is awesome, 10 yrs old and still works great. MSX cover is a real pain. It's almost like the cover is too small, the fabric is stretched so tight, and pops off the back when trailering. I rarely tow them covered, though.

Too early to tell on the Blowsion cover for the Octane, just got it last fall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-04-09 10.09.14.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	760.2 KB 
ID:	182431  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by delagem View Post
    ... MSX cover is a real pain. It's almost like the cover is too small, the fabric is stretched so tight, and pops off the back when trailering...
    We added a pair of small fabric hold down loops to the edge seams near the rear corners of the stock Polaris MSX cover. I then loop a Bungee cord under the hull between the loops

Stole the idea from the stock Virage covers, which have the fabric hold down loops from the factory, in a different location along each edge seam.

The Virage Vacu-hold cover works well, especially if I loop a long Bungee cord under the hull between the two hold down loops.

In general, the Polaris OEM covers work well. I have heard that the covers from the early years tended to degrade from exposure, but I don't recall exactly what 'years' or models those were made for.

One of mine shredded during the last move. I don't trailer them covered any more. My other one for the SL1050 is old but it's holding together.

I bought a brand new one for the Hurricane a few months ago. Tried to put it on the other day and it doesn't fit.

I'm still looking for a good fitting aftermarket one. I really need to get one for the SLTX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
    ...I bought a brand new one for the Hurricane a few months ago.

Tried to put it on the other day and it doesn't fit. ...
    Was that OEM or aftermarket?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    We added a pair of small fabric hold down loops to the edge seams near the rear corners of the stock Polaris MSX cover. I then loop a Bungee cord under the hull between the loops

Stole the idea from the stock Virage covers, which have the fabric hold down loops from the factory, in a different location along each edge seam.

The Virage Vacu-hold cover works well, especially if I loop a long Bungee cord under the hull between the two hold down loops.

In general, the Polaris OEM covers work well. I have heard that the covers from the early years tended to degrade from exposure, but I don't recall exactly what 'years' or models those were made for.
    i think they would be the 94-98 covers.. i know i have had two oem sl covers and one ripped right down the side and was real faded from the summer.. and replaced it with a aftermart one and that one did not fade at all.. and the one thats on my sl1050 is getting thin and i belive its not the orginal too the ski.. these ones are the red and blue polaris covers

OEM Hurricane cover...

+1
    ...I bought a brand new one for the Hurricane a few months ago.
    Tried to put it on the other day and it doesn't fit...
    OEM Hurricane cover...
    Does it just need some time to stretch into shape?

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1

I bought a brand new one for the Hurricane a few months ago. Tried to put it on the other day and it doesn't fit.
    it will fit just barley and you have to put it on in a certain order was it the handle bar and console first or the nose first oh and if you have aftermarket grips good luck. yeah it's that tight.

Any Polaris covers by commercial sewing covers 95 or earlier are CRAP!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information