Thread: XP Mods

XP Mods

Hey guys , I have a xp800 factory pipe,msd enhance, 16-24 prop. I love the beach and going to try to go more this year. I jump the waves then ride in the ICW. What are some good mods or thing i can do t get me power and control of the ski in the air. I want some more torque.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Get a lower pitched prop. you wont have top end but you will have hole shot. you got a lot of good go fast parts as it is. any more and it will start to become less reliable. you will be wrenching more and riding less. There is not much more you can do to that motor...more control in the air? Not sure what to tell you besides trying to change your footing

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    16/24 is more than likely a swirl which is a great pitch. I run that in my skat pump.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Yep, that sounds like a swirl pitch. Go lower pitch or increase the size of your outlet nozzle. What intake grate do you have on there ? More water in the pipe helps bottom end too.

I will prob adjust on the tomorrow afternoon and go from there. Has anyone seen people mold the foot straps on the back?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    No but you can get better traction with Gator Mats or Hydorturf. But from personal experience jumping ability relates to how big of boat(or wave) you find with the speed that you are traveling. I usually hit my jump (4-5ft) at about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle with my feet just in front of the "XP" on the side of the ski to get it vertical and make it to the other side of the wake ( if ti makes any difference im a 190lbs rider) . If your trying to get it to back flip you need the speed or more that I mentioned with your feet on the very back and hold on...dont let go...it hurts a lot

Yea i only weigh 200. I Want to do a 951 conversion this winter.

95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

xp mods

jettrim makes a rough water setup for your feet. http://blackstar-racing.com/Contact_Us.html
    here are some pix of some xp's with the rough water matt's. Also Blowsion.com or else where sells foot jams, like hard foam shims you can glue in which is all I did, they go usually on sx-r or superjet or standups.
    another thing you can do is get a riser block and raise the handle bars up so its not in such a lower head angle and making you ride holding on arched down. last but not least if you did all that other stuff along with your prop and nozzle combo, get a shorty tail cone for the low end since you like hitting jumps, you may loose some top end.

I am going to look at the getting the rough water set up that is pretty cool. Where is the best place to get a pump cone.

Thread Information