Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RXP wont start after winterization.

Ok heres the story. Went and picked the machine up from storage today. Put battery and tried to crank over, it would turn over abut then die right away. All the stuff coming out of the exhaust was a milky color and had some oil in it which scared me right away. I kept trying to turn it over with no luck. Call the mechanic who winterized it and he says just make sure the battery is charged all the way then try again. Ok put it on the charger and battery is fully topped off now. Try to turn over and will sputter then die. I was at my buddies cottage and didnt have tools to get deep into the machine to look at plugs etc... all he wanted to do was dirt bike. I pulled out the dipstick and nothing shows. Just some residue and some bubbles, but i thought the 4 strokes had to be warm so no big deal. So i look at my gtx and time after time there is oil showing on that machines dipstick while still cold. So now i am worried... did my mechanic forget to put oil in it when he changed oil and the machine is just trying to protect itself by not letting it run? I am at a loss. Not going back to the machine to try anything til next friday. But any hints of what it could be would be helpful. My dad was thinking head gasket leaking? Thanks

+1
    try and sypon some oil out, if you get none then you know for sure but to me sounds like there no oil. also pull the plugs hold down the throttle and try it, after you figure out the oil deal.

alright will do... i need to get an oil remover i guess. Is there any other way to visually check the oil to see if it is low or out besides suction or dipstick? Also since it has been tried to be started without oil how bad is it for the motor. I know you can never get all the oil out. Should I be ok?

+1
    could try and top it up see if it changes, when i question other people work i just start over suck it out replace it, also change the plugs and add fresh gas. I always do a full tune up after storage.

yea i have a full tank with stabil in there so thats hard. I will get the plugs out next weekend and see what i can see.

a full tank with stabil in it should be fine. You might as well buy a sucker pump, sea-doo oil, and a new filter, then at least you'll know that is done. You probably won't use that mechanic again but winterizing is easy, you can do it yourself or take it to a sea-doo dealer and let them be responsible for it. Might as well get a new set of plugs while you're at it. You haven't hurt the motor by trying to start it.

ok thats what i was trying to figure out if i hurt the motor or not. Trusted the mechanic for the past 5 years. Just sit and watch him do the work but this year my mom took them in... . Prolly wont be going back. Just wondering if there is someone else to support the claim of not hurting the motor. If it didnt then I dont have to drive it 2 hours back to him and tell him to rebuild it becuase hes a moron. I just dont want it to blow up in 10 hrs now and have no evidence it was because of the non oil.

+1
    Did it actually fire???Did it throw a code??You should see oil on the dipstick reguardless if its cold or hot...

No codes even when pressing set 5 times. Never ran for more then 1 or 2 seconds. Kinda started to get going then nothing. After I would pull the key 3 or 4 seconds later it sound lk some fluid moving somewhere in the engine compartment.

+1
    Hmmm i dont know, BUT if the ski has been sitting, and there was no oil in it you could have done some damage to the bearings..The only real way to tell is to pull it apart and check them out..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information