Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Try to heavly mod an 04 r12x?

I owne a performance shop here in tampa fl called fully built inc and we mod evos , hondas , subis ect . But just purcased a 2004 aquatrax r12x that cam with macboost stage 2 but we want to go way more than that . Are goal is to make 500 hp on the ski just need help from other top daug , vets that been doing this for years and yes i know i will be wasting money a lot of people been telling me to buy a seadoo more parts easier to mod but i like the challendge . We have a in house fabricator that is going to build a manifold setup with a gt35r , custom water to air , pistons , and rods head studs , cams , spring and retainers on and on . Just need some advise what is best . Have a little knowledge knowing that the impeller has a big deal with water krafts . All the help would be great

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Check with NitroShark he has been down this road.

+1
    agree. Nitroshark for the engine etc... he dragraces nitromethane fueled motorcycles for fun and machines his own engine parts.

for prop /pump work i suggest you go to Jim's performance in tampa.. he's one of the best and has a network of the best in the southeast...and luckily they are all in the tampa area.

what is the name of your shop?

Dave

Thanks for all the help yea we plan on putting a standalone aem on it and a lot of other goodies.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BROTHERS View Post
    Thanks for all the help yea we plan on putting a standalone aem on it and a lot of other goodies.
    I wish you the best, any upgrades are appreciated by us. The main problems in the past:
    1. Getting a water proof/heat/vibration proof ECM.
    2. Finding a ball bearing watercooled replacement Turbo.
    3. Valve springs failing with more boost.
    4. Injector duty cycle.
    Good luck and ask any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    I wish you the best, any upgrades are appreciated by us. The main problems in the past:
    1. Getting a water proof/heat/vibration proof ECM.
    2. Finding a ball bearing watercooled replacement Turbo.
    3. Valve springs failing with more boost.
    4. Injector duty cycle.
    Good luck and ask any questions!

I agree with you on the ecu. But on the turbo the older style ball bearing garrett turbos are water cooled. On valve spring we are looking at the motor cylce honda cbr valve springs and also we are sponsored by ferera valves. With the injectorr we are going to wire a resistor box and run some precision 1200cc or 1000cc depend on the standalone . All this is trial and erorr but we will update with progress thank for everything.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    I don't know squat about this stuff but I am very curious and like most enjoy performance and reading about the things folks do and this is how I learn. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BROTHERS View Post
    I agree with you on the ecu. But on the turbo the older style ball bearing garrett turbos are water cooled. On valve spring we are looking at the motor cylce honda cbr valve springs and also we are sponsored by ferera valves. With the injectorr we are going to wire a resistor box and run some precision 1200cc or 1000cc depend on the standalone . All this is trial and erorr but we will update with progress thank for everything.

the results will not be worth the time or money! also good luck getting Nitroshark to help for free without buying anything

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    the results will not be worth the time or money!
    sometimes it's fun to do s**t just to see how far you can go. It's expensive but rewarding as a journey.

Well it was a nice weather today so we decide to baseline the ski and see what mph it will do. With macboost stage2 - intercooler (cause previose owner took it)but any way . To make a long story short the ski only got up to 23 mph so i do some diag on the ski and the map sensor is bad but it deos throw a f1 code with macboost connected it only does it when it is stock . Hoping nothing is wrong with the macboost or the stock pcm due to the previous owner doings. I will tell you that the previous owner took all the padding off the sterring wheel to make it look like a race ski so they had to put the ingnition of a switch and the start button off a momentary switch. So the previous owner today me they fell of the ski wile it was running and it filled with water and shut of they couldnt turn it off. Thank god the motor still runs but we have to deal with electical issues. Mac will the unit servive under water with power on cause would like to sell when we put the standalone on . Also the map sensor had corosion on it . The code on the ski is 1 map sensor so we are ordering on then try it again . Tomorrow compresion test leak down boost leak test and taking the heat exchanger off to clean and inspect. Sorry to ramble

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information