Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

would any of you help me out?

im wanting to get my freeflow exhaust installed but i cant seem to find anyone that can modify my waterbox and exhaust outlet. my dealer said they didnt weld aluminum and even if they could it would some outrageous price. im in a wheelchair and have no clue how to weld but would be willing to pay someone on here a fair price if they would do it for me. i would also pay to have it shipped back to me. if anyone is interested in helping a fellow kawasaki rider out please let me know.

Send it to Riva to modify it.

+1
    i will contact them but i figure they will be pretty expensive.

Done right with piece of mind of welds not coming apart and sinking your boat is realvent to the value you place on the craft.

So Im saying, I understand your cost concern but think of what is at risk with "cheap" workmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Done right with piece of mind of welds not coming apart and sinking your boat is realvent to the value you place on the craft.

So Im saying, I understand your cost concern but think of what is at risk with "cheap" workmanship.
    FYI this happened to me, so take Skip's word for it. Had a modified primary box on there from another company and the welds kept busting which leaks water into the hull...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post

+1 I welded for alot of years and seen what the value of good workmanship is. That sort of job requires the right professional welder who knows how to lay a bead that will hold up to the kind of pressures its gonna be under. Wish i had the equiptment to do it for ya, the docs made me stop welding a few years ago after damn near getting killed by a welder that back fed while welding on a tanker truck. send it to Riva and let them do it.

+1
    I called riva and talked to someone in service. all he wanted to tell me was find an exhaust shop around here over and over. didnt sound like they wanted to mess with it. said he would hate for me to have to pay for the shipping to send it down there and so on.

This is the only place in Florida that I would trust to weld aluminum
    http://www.ezrideronline.com/ They are good friends of mine that build all kinds of aluminum products. I don't know how you feel about taking a 5 hour trip to make sure its done right or maybe you could ship it to them and have Bob Amundsen or Bill Davis call you for the exact locations of the welds. Good Luck
    oh and tell them Joe from Kissimmee refered you.
    Take Care

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatak9 View Post
    This is the only place in Florida that I would trust to weld aluminum
    http://www.ezrideronline.com/ They are good friends of mine that build all kinds of aluminum products. I don't know how you feel about taking a 5 hour trip to make sure its done right or maybe you could ship it to them and have Bob Amundsen or Bill Davis call you for the exact locations of the welds. Good Luck
    oh and tell them Joe from Kissimmee refered you.
    Take Care

on the riva site highlite watercraft, scroll down to riva performance products instructions. click on the instructions for the free flow exhaust. scroll down and you will see where the cuts, drilling and welding should be. Print it out and bring it to who is doing your work. This is what I did and it worked fine for the welder.

I have a 15f riva modded waterbox for sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information