Thread: How to install riva catch can?
04-10-2010, 05:43 PM #1
How to install riva catch can?
As I cannot put a thread on the how to section I'm putting it here.
I have a 2004 RXP and just bought a rear riva intake with the catch can.
Can someone tell me how to install it? picture will be great as I may not understand all the terms that you may say
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM #2No pictures but hope this helps.....instructions right from riva
Oil Catch Can/Breather SystemPART# - RS19050-BCC
*** NOTE: Allow craft’s engine to cool thoroughly before performing installation. ***
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS -
1. Remove two forward most bolts (one upper/one lower) securing exhaust manifold to cylinder.
2. Install supplied Oil Breather/Catch Can and secure with OE bolts. (see illustration #2) NOTE: Use BLUE Loc-Tite. Torque to 7 ft•lbs / 10 N•m.
3. Remove OE hose between air intake system and oil separator housing and discard. Retain hose clamps.
4. Install supplied hose between oil separator housing and Oil Catch Can/Breather. (see illustration #1&2) Secure using OE hose clamps. NOTE: Do not over tighten hose clamps.
5. Install supplied block-off cap onto oil breather hose fitting on air intake system where applicable and secure with supplied zip tie. (see illustration #4)
`06 & newer Models
3. Disconnect end of oil breather hose from air intake system.
4. Relocate forward most hose retainer bracket on exhaust manifold. (see illustration #2) NOTE: Use BLUE Loc-Tite. Torque to 7 ft•lbs / 10 N•m.
5. Align hose with Oil Catch Can/Breather and remove excess hose. (see illustration #3) Install and secure to Oil Catch Can/Breather using OE hose clamp.
NOTE: Do not over tighten hose clamp.
6. Install supplied block-off cap onto oil breather hose fitting on air intake system where applicable and secure with supplied zip tie. (see illustration #4)
Drain Oil Catch Can/Breather as needed by rotating valve arm at base to 6 o’clock position. To close rotate back to 3 o’clock position.
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM #3
04-10-2010, 07:47 PM #4
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Antiguan FZR in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 12-02-2007, 09:58 AM
By MIARider in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 10-09-2007, 03:56 PM
By bruinsrme in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-21-2007, 07:02 PM
By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 08-28-2007, 04:44 PM
By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 31Last Post: 12-29-2006, 05:56 PM