Impeller selection help for altitude, hole-shot

Hi all. I am the 2nd owner of a 2007 Speedster 150 215HP. We took delivery in September and only got it out on the lakes in Colorado a few times before the season ended. The previous owner was in California. It has a few mods, including a BOV, intake, and unknown upgraded impeller (for top end).

My first impression of the boat was that it is a real dog from a standstill. I didn't think it would have the same hole-shot my '03 GTX 185HP did.. but I thought it would be sorta close. Anyhow, I think it's way too high of a pitch angle for my needs and altitude.

I don't care if I take a hit on top speed. I want the damn thing to launch hard and most of my lakes have a 40mph speed limit anyhow.

I need a new prop but I'm a noob and there aren't any local gurus here in Colorado to help me out.

I heard the Skat Trak Swirls might be what I need... not sure which one.. and not sure whether I'd want 3 or 4 blade.

I'll continue searching/googling, but if some of you experts help me out directly I'd really appreciate it!

-John in Colorado

EDIT: Posted in PWC section since no responses here, mods please delete this thread.

Ok I'll reply. Went with a Skat Track Swirl 3-blade pitched 12/15. That oughta launch me.

Tampa, FL
    You will lose a bit of top end but if that isn't a concern and you just want a monster hole shot then that prop will probably work

post back with results!

The new impeller (Skat Track Swirl 3-blade 12/15) is in. I knew the impeller that was in there was also aftermarket but seller could not tell me what it was. Now that it is on my desk, I can tell you it was a Solas SRX-CD-14/19.

I think I'll sell that impeller.. very low hours.. the boat only has 19 hours so it probably has 10 hours or so on it.

Should be quite a different ride.. hopefully for the better!

Thread Information