Question 2009 RXP X break-in issue...

Hi Guys,
    I went out today to ride and break in the new RXP X and also my FZS. After riding about 2hrs (engine time) i decided to go grab some food and give the ski a break. After an 1hr later we finished eatingr and head back to the boat at the dock. My buddy jumped back on the ski and while in a no wake zone the ski starting beeping. On the display he said it said "Exhaust."

The ski was turned and OFF then back ON total of two times. Each time it said exhaust on the display. The engine wasn't hot and nothing was stuck in the grate or exhaust area. After a few mins the display error went away. Took a look in the engine compartment and everything looked all good. Any idea why it was doing this???

I didn't rag out the ski and varied my RPMs the whole time. Never went WOT either and the ski ran great. Just a little spooked that this new ski would give me an issue already!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPR Ed View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I went out today to ride and break in the new RXP X and also my FZS. After riding about 2hrs (engine time) i decided to go grab some food and give the ski a break. After an 1hr later we finished eatingr and head back to the boat at the dock. My buddy jumped back on the ski and while in a no wake zone the ski starting beeping. On the display he said it said "Exhaust."

The ski was turned and OFF then back ON total of two times. Each time it said exhaust on the display. The engine wasn't hot and nothing was stuck in the grate or exhaust area. After a few mins the display error went away. Took a look in the engine compartment and everything looked all good. Any idea why it was doing this???

I didn't rag out the ski and varied my RPMs the whole time. Never went WOT either and the ski ran great. Just a little spooked that this new ski would give me an issue already!
    Check the connection on the temp sensor in the waterbox. If that sensor does'nt have a good connection or if it gets hot it will send that message. I'm sure it is nothing major. Worst case is a bad sensor.

+1
    on the waterbox there a temp sensor make sure its pluged in.

you guys are quick!

I will check out it tomorrow when i get to see the ski. So far I'm very impressed the X only thing I didn't like was the wet ride compared to the FZS.

thanks again !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPR Ed View Post
    you guys are quick!

I will check out it tomorrow when i get to see the ski. So far I'm very impressed the X only thing I didn't like was the wet ride compared to the FZS.

thanks again !
    Dont be scared to give them full throttle bursts but dont hold wot or any steady speed during break in.

+1
    Yea run that thing WOT and all other rpms in the range...just dont keep it at WOT for more than 10-15 secs....I love my X..Rode the stocker with the 11/20 repitch yesterday due to the fact of a dead battery in the other...the holeshot is crazyyy

How many hours do i have to break it in for? 5 or 10??

Thread Information