does SeaFoam really work?

Got a bit of a problem, hopefully you guys can help. Got a '99 GTX limited the 951. Instead of the bombardier synthetic that has always been ran in the ski yamalube was put in. ever since the ski's been sluggish and doesnt want to go above 25mph. My first thought is the yamalube gunked up the carbs. will a couple applications of seafoam clear this up or what should i do?

Pretty sure the oil is not your problem. You are still using the injection system right? Pretty sure mixing different oils is not recommended so you may want to change the oil filter. Here is a link to a page that has a pic on it that shows where the oil is injected at. Make sure your fuel lines are not gray. If so there is a sticky on the whole gray fuel line issue. From a lot of the threads I've read on here it's a pretty common thing to have to fix on 01's and older. Make sure the fuel filter is not plugged hard.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=filter

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Dont put any type of carb cleaner in the tank or you'll be buying new diaphams for each carb,if you haven't cleaned the carbs lately i'd do that and clean the RAVE valves ,change the plugs

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Dont put any type of carb cleaner in the tank or you'll be buying new diaphams for each carb,if you haven't cleaned the carbs lately i'd do that and clean the RAVE valves ,change the plugs
    I disagree. SeaFoam will not deteriorate the diaphram, and is the best product I've ever used.

thanks for the help. I know its not recommended to mix oils like that. its the only thing i could think would have caused this. Its like the ski is just hesitant and doesnt want to open up so maybe something is clogged. ive changed the plugs so we shall see . thanks again any other ideas would be great

As seaone suggested pulling those RAVE valves and making sure they are clean isn't a bad idea as well. I had a 96 gsx years ago that had a sticky rave. It would bog initially then when the valve came loose take off . 96XPSS knows his stuff so if it starts to look like a more difficult issue you might ask him some questions. There are for sure a lot other people on here way more experienced than I that can help.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    I disagree. SeaFoam will not deteriorate the diaphram, and is the best product I've ever used.

I second this,, while it may "help" with your problem it most likely will not solce it,, SeaFoam is best at clearing out the small passages such as rough or unstable idle, It is not a replacement for cleaning the internal carb filters, I feel that may be your issue.

nothing wrong with Yamalube as a oil, just should not mix types back and forth,

Tell us how those filters look

I agree dghal. If his problem is with the carbs and they are indeed that clogged. Putting something in the tank won't do it. Here is the link to the DIY on fuel system cleaning. Maybe he will come back and update us on what he has done or found.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27314

Any opinions on the new Amsoil product called Quickshot? Been thinking about using it as a preventative measure. 01 Rxdi

Thread Information