Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2009 RXT-X IS, 2010 RXT-X or 260X?

I am starting to hear major boastings from the Sea Doo side that the new RXT-X IS and RXT-X are a better rough water ski than the 260X. Could this be true?

Checkout: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=RXT-iS

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I am starting to hear major boastings from the Sea Doo side that the new RXT-X IS and RXT-X are a better rough water ski than the 260X. Could this be true?

Checkout: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=RXT-iS
    Lol sounds like someone fell off their ski and bumped their head lol

Banned User
    +1
    That was my report, and you can read it for yourself. I walked away from two Ultra's in Thompson Bay in very rough conditions, and they were trying to keep it.
    You can draw your own conclusions. I've ridden the Ultra's before, they do very well in rough water...no doubt about it. But, the new S3 hull from Seadoo works very well in the rough, which surprised me.
    I have a 2008 RXT-X, and it's not so hot in the rough water. I ran it against a stock Ultra, and got my a$$ handed to me.

So no, I didn't fall off and bump my head, and yes, I'm still on my meds(that's a joke).......

I prefer the iS because I have a bad back, and that suspension does works wonders. I can't find a 2010 RXT-X to test ride, yet. All of them at my local dealer were sold before they came in.

+1
    [QUOTE=iflyems;1389260]That was my report, and you can read it for yourself. I walked away from two Ultra's in Thompson Bay in very rough conditions, and they were trying to keep it.
    You can draw your own conclusions. I've ridden the Ultra's before, they do very well in rough water...no doubt about it. But, the new S3 hull from Seadoo works very well in the rough, which surprised me.
    I have a 2008 RXT-X, and it's not so hot in the rough water. I ran it against a stock Ultra, and got my a$$ handed to me.

So no, I didn't fall off and bump my head, and yes, I'm still on my meds(that's a joke).......

I prefer the iS because I have a bad back, and that suspension does works wonders. I can't find a 2010 RXT-X to test ride, yet. All of them at my local dealer were sold before they came in.[/QUO
    Yeah i was making a joke about falling off the ski too. its a great write up no doubt ... just my opinion here but taking the playfulness out of the ski, being able to sling it around and stuff like that was my point. Sund like its more of a cruiser than something to play and cruise on is the point i'm making.

IS is a POS. I know two people that have had issues with the suspension breaking/malfunctioning. The 2010 rxt-x (non IS) is pretty sweet.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Buy the Kawi.
    The IS is cool, unless you ride it.
    No, but really, the jury is still out as to the RXTX vs. 260 out on the 'ol blue briny with a bit of foam on it.
    In my opinion the Kawi is a proven rough water machine. It also won the Hahn this year in not-so-rough conditions.
    The IS does well. It came in 12th and 23rd out of 32 pwc's in the Dana Point to Cat. race. (38 miles, smooth conditions) Don't know of the mods if any.
    Manufacture stock class was won by Shawn Alladio (9th overall) on a bone stock 260.
    It also matters a great deal on the skill of the rider.
    We will see in July, pending ocean conditions as to this question. (LB2Cat.)
    If any east coasters have any results dealing with rough water racing between these 2 let us know. Racing is a good barometer as to the skill of the riders vs. just some guy's out riding, unless you know their skill level as far as judging this.
    We all know a modified SeaDoo will out run a modded 260 easily in smooth water.

Actually John Belton was 6th overall at DP-Avalon, he rides a bone stock 260x. That said nobody was racing the new RXTx 260 during that race.
    The RXTX 260 was 3rd overall at the Hahn race, so it did do pretty well during that race with 2 great racers on it.

IMO, it will be a good rough water ski. Thats just my gut feeling right now.

Not so sure about the IS though, i'm not a fan of that ski too much.

Banned User
    +1
    It is true, you feel more "detached" from the iS that you do on any other ski. However, once you get used to it, it can hold the line in a corner like it's on rails. Very impressive.

Robert; I thought you were one of the guys that owned an iS....or was that OU812??

They have had suspension problems, and there is a fix out there. However, the iS is a very expensive boat(GXT iS), and is definitely more of a cruiser. I wouldn't want to try and race one on a tight closed course.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Actually John Belton was 6th overall at DP-Avalon, he rides a bone stock 260x. That said nobody was racing the new RXTx 260 during that race.
    The RXTX 260 was 3rd overall at the Hahn race, so it did do pretty well during that race with 2 great racers on it.

IMO, it will be a good rough water ski. Thats just my gut feeling right now.

Not so sure about the IS though, i'm not a fan of that ski too much.
    Johns was stock? Or was he not riding in Man. stock class and thats why Shawn listed for win in this class?
    Was the RXTX that was 3rd stock?
    Have a great week Mr. Dubzzzzzzzz!

+1

Re: 2009 RXT-X IS, 2010 RXT-X or 260X?

I came from an ultra250 and just purchased a new rxt260. Once I get in the water I'll let you my feelings on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	182794  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information