Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PWC trailers double jet ski

I'm looking for a pwc trailer. I do have a single garage or i can put it at the back yard of my gate. I have around 92-93" max to clear the width. I was looking at http://www.watertoyhauler.com/index.html
    Does anyone know where i can find a double trailer pwc that will fit in a tight spot. I wonder how much it would cost. I live in Canada toronto and i dunno if they sell something like this. Could anyone help?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You might need to consider a custom built trailer.

I don't know if that WaterToyHauler company is actually still in business.

A while back another thread was discussing a dual PWC trailer, with the skis inline, one in front of the other. That would be a long but narrow trailer.

Can you make the gate opening wider?
    Most PWC double trailers are just under the legal maximum width of 102 inches.

One possibility with a custom trailer is to have one set of bunks positioned higher than the other, so the hull edges can overlap one above the other down the middle.

Then you would launch one, then back the trailer farther in to the water to launch the other.

Or have a mechanism to lower and raise one set of bunks as needed for launching.

Thanx. A custom trailer would cost around $4000-$5000 correct? If anything i just stick with my single trailer. I can't make my gate wider because that is maxed out to the neighbours property.

+1
    Where in the Toronto area are you?

If you are willing to shop around, I suspect you can get a custom trailer built for a reasonable price.

You would need to do some calling around, and see who does that sort of thing. I would call the trailer sales places, like Reinhart Trailers, and see if they can provide some pointers. Also call Excalibur trailers, see what they say.

Could you move the PWC off the trailer onto storage carts into your garage, then store the empty trailer somehow?

I have a really big back yard that could fit 20 cars no problem. My problem is getting a double pwc into the gate because i have a single garage. Transferring is not a problem. I will call excaliber and Reinhart Trailers Monday. Thanx. See what they can do.

+1
    we take are skis off the trailer and put them on carts to get them in the garage.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpx2008 View Post
    I have a really big back yard that could fit 20 cars no problem.

My problem is getting a double pwc into the gate because I have a single garage...
    Could you consider expanding the single garage into a double, and putting a wide garage door in both front and back of the larger garage?

Then you could open both doors, and drive right through

Ive seen a double before that was set up with one ski behind the other. Guess you could call it 2 long instead of 2 wide. I have no idea where to find them though.

+1
    i bought my double trailer from cradle ride trailers. they do custom work and are great people to deal with. had them upgrade my axle and whatnot. i've put 10's of thousands of kilometers on it with no problems.

http://www.cradleridetrailers.com/Home.page

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    ...double trailer from cradle ride trailers. they do custom work and are great people to deal with...
    http://www.cradleridetrailers.com/Home.page
    The 98 inch width spec listed for the double PWC trailers are narrower than my Triton (101.5 inches).

There is also a 70 inch width listed, but that may be for stand up watercraft.

Keep in mind that the width of your two PWCs will be a major factor in how wide the trailer will be. Measure (or look up the spec) how wide each PWC is from rub rail to rub rail. Add a few inches for air space between them. The result is the minimum width of the loaded trailer, unless you do an offset load arrangement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information