New Mods...Now having problems!!

I recently got my carbs back from having the accel pump removed, choke plates removed, primer fittings added, and rejetted for flame arrestors. Today I put it all back together to include the recently redone carbs, flame arrestors, waveeater clips and couplers, and a primer kit. I gave it a few squirts of gas and it fired right up. The problem that I am having is the ski will start up but will rev to over 4K and will never settle down. The first thing that I thought of was possibly the primer kit could have something to do with it. The instructions that I received with the primer kit instructed me to place the "T" in the feed line after the fuel filter. I left the fuel selector hanging inside for the time being on the reserve position. Could the place of the primer "T" have anything to do with this extremely high idle. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

+1
    Sounds like a possible air leak.

Thanks for the quick reply. From what I can see from similiar threads it seems like it could be a lean runaway or an air leak like you had said. The ski starts up and revs to about 4K then it will runaway but I can pull the lanyard and it will die right away. I did reuse the carb gasket but it seemed to be in good condition. I also installed PROK flame arrrestors but I noticed there was no gaskets to go in between the flame arrestor adapters and the carbs. Should there be a gasket to go in between there? I appologize for all the questions but I have never ran into a problem like this before.

+1
    Do you re-sync the carb rack before installing?

Have you backed your idle all the way out? I know the slightest twist is very sensitive on mine.

I sent the carbs out to Island. They took care of all of the carb mods

Airleak in the intake tract.......Use new gaskets and take your time reinstalling the carb rack. Make sure you start your tightening sequence from the center and work your way out both directions. Do not overtighten your intake bolts. Make sure all your fuel lines are connected properly and have no leaks there either.

pmed

+1
    Your ski will always do this until your carbs are full of gas. You need to put it in the water so it will put a load on the prop and idle down. You can also squirt fuel in the carbs with the primer until it idle downs but your tank will need to make pressure to get you the correct fuel pressure going to your carbs.

+1
    "re was no gaskets to go in between the flame arrestor adapters and the carbs. Should there be a gasket to go in between there?"

no gasket needed

try what Ben suggested (Yudluz2) he know his shi!

Thread Information