Impeller selection for altitude, hole-shot

Hi all. I am the 2nd owner of a 2007 Speedster 150 215HP.

My first impression of the boat was that it is a real DOG from a standstill. I didn't think it would have the same hole-shot my '03 GTX 185HP did.. but I thought it would be sorta close. Anyhow, I think it's way too high of a pitch angle for my needs and altitude. Previous owner was from CA and a top-speed guy.

I don't care if I take a hit on top speed. I want the damn thing to launch hard and most of my lakes have a 40mph speed limit anyhow. I heard the Skat Trak Swirls might be what I need... not sure which one.. and not sure whether I'd want 3 or 4 blade.

-John in Colorado

I am at 2200'. I was playing around with my old 05 sporster scic. It was stock except for an intake. I tried a 13/18, it gave lots of low, but lost top speed. I tried the 14/19 from my RXP & was much better but only at 7500 rpm. It needed more to it. I had a supercharger, external intake, injectors ready to go on it, but I decided to sell it and get an RXP-X.

I suggest pulling out the impellor & if it's after market it should be stamped as to what it is.

^^ Thanks for the reply. I've got the impeller pulled but it's still in the housing. Impeller tool is coming mail order. Don't see anything stamped on the blades or ends but it's dark metallic green on the end of the shaft.

I jotted down a few things from a talk with Glen at Skat-Trak.. 13/18, 12/15, 12/16... 3 blade vs. 4 blade. The guy sounds like he knows his stuff... surely somebody else has an opinion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy on the water View Post
    ^^ Thanks for the reply. I've got the impeller pulled but it's still in the housing. Impeller tool is coming mail order. Don't see anything stamped on the blades or ends but it's dark metallic green on the end of the shaft.

I jotted down a few things from a talk with Glen at Skat-Trak.. 13/18, 12/15, 12/16... 3 blade vs. 4 blade. The guy sounds like he knows his stuff... surely somebody else has an opinion.
    3 blade should result in better hole shot, but it will drag your power down more.
    You will need low pitched 3 blade to pull it with your setup. I cant say for sure but if you search threads look for stock rxt/gtx and see what they ran with 3 blade and figure you would need even less pitch. (12/15 - 12/16 might be close)
    Your enemy is your altitude via RAD. Air intake can help alot at elevation.

Thread Information