Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

04 RXP only hitting 7700

Hi,

I recently bought a 04 RXP with 57 hours ran the motor everything was fine. I wanted to make sure to keep the motor sound so I sent in my sc to get the RIVA metals washers installed. After reinstalling everything and dropping it in the lake it bogged and bogged and only hit 7500 to 7700 rpm. As you can imagine I started running through the issues that may have cause this. After researching online a finding issues with valve retainers, knock sensors and sc failures, and intercooler blockage so I started my tear down at those locations. I took all the above apart and checked for signs of failure and found none. Then I was curious to see if any debris was lodged in the oil filter and found what is pictured below. To me it looks like two pieces broke off and are now somewhere it the motor. Please take a look at the picture and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

+1
    there beenlots of talk about this in the past and that is normal on older models. who rebuilt the charger?

Jerry did about a week ago. I just finally had a chance to get it to some big water and run the higher RPM's. So I am assuming the motor is shot. I am going to contact the seller and try to get my money back, but that's highly unlikely. What are my options? I mean this ski is pretty much a lemon right. Well anyways that for the help.

+1
    Have you got the pigtail adapter on that ski for the ECU???

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105724

No, i don't have the pigtail. The ski is running rough from 2500 rpm all the way to 7500ish . I didn't really want to stay out with it because I knew something was up. I am under the impression that if its the knock sensor it will run fine and then limit at around 7600ish not rough whole time. The ski was pretty much limping back to the ramp, what ever was happening was going from bad to worst very quickly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by soko2000 View Post
    Jerry did about a week ago. I just finally had a chance to get it to some big water and run the higher RPM's. So I am assuming the motor is shot. I am going to contact the seller and try to get my money back, but that's highly unlikely. What are my options? I mean this ski is pretty much a lemon right. Well anyways that for the help.
    why you think its a lemon you should figure out the problem first befor you start freakin

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by soko2000 View Post
    No, i don't have the pigtail. The ski is running rough from 2500 rpm all the way to 7500ish . I didn't really want to stay out with it because I knew something was up. I am under the impression that if its the knock sensor it will run fine and then limit at around 7600ish not rough whole time. The ski was pretty much limping back to the ramp, what ever was happening was going from bad to worst very quickly.
    Im not sure how they run when you need the pigtail but dont have it. Its a cheap part and you need it either way. I would get that while you are checking out other possible issues bro. If Jerry did your SC That will more than likely not be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    there beenlots of talk about this in the past and that is normal on older models. who rebuilt the charger?
    Okay, I will get that pigtail and see how it goes. Thanks

+1
    the knock sensor pigtail should bring the rpms up, could be running rough due to bad gas, bad spark plugs, etc

+1
    I dont no if this is your problem but my 05 did the same thing and it was my innercooler clogged up had 2 replace it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information