Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Newbie, picking up 1 or 2 Sea Doos. Few options

Whats up guys? Im new to the forum and have been riding sea doos all my life. I recently moved down to lake Norman,NC where I am located right on the water. Ive been riding my neighbors Honda jet skis(turbo edition) for the past few years. They are not a bad pwc ,but really not my style. Im about to sell one of my cars and take the cash to buy 1 or 2 seadoos. I already have a boat and would love to pick up 2 jetskis ,but the 2010 rxpx 2 seater has caught my eye and I dont no if I will have the funds for that and possibly a luxury one. My question is would you guys recommend me picking up a 2008 rxp-x 255 with only 20 hours on it for $8,700 and also pick up a 3 seater to cruise around/pull water-tubes for $6-8 grand or a Brand New 2010 rxp-x 255 for $13,600. I love the color scheme for the 2010 ,but I havent seen to many reviews on them so far. I love speed and I'm sure I will be putting on a few aftermarket parts on whatever RX I pick up. Any input or opinions you guys have I would really appreciate.
    Thanks
    Dan

get the gtx is limited -- they want over 16k for them -- but i have talked them down to 14.5 k -- then walked away -- and they would go down to 14 k-- if your going to get a ski -- get the top of the line ( top for me because I'm older and like to cruise -- and smooth riding ) if your young and want to hot rod -- get the rxp-x --- and a 2010 model -- they had trouble with the 2008 with the tunnel ---and with the Honda's -- i was surprised -- i hardly ever saw any on the east coast -- but go to cal. to Laguna beach area -- to the harbors there -- seems that everyone with a yacht had a Honda on it -- i guess the yacht cost to much so they got a Honda for the off set

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    get the gtx is limited -- they want over 16k for them -- but i have talked them down to 14.5 k -- then walked away -- and they would go down to 14 k-- if your going to get a ski -- get the top of the line ( top for me because I'm older and like to cruise -- and smooth riding ) if your young and want to hot rod -- get the rxp-x --- and a 2010 model -- they had trouble with the 2008 with the tunnel ---and with the Honda's -- i was surprised -- i hardly ever saw any on the east coast -- but go to cal. to Laguna beach area -- to the harbors there -- seems that everyone with a yacht had a Honda on it -- i guess the yacht cost to much so they got a Honda for the off set
    I'm a young guy so I'm looking to buy a 2 seater that's fast and fun for my personal use. I would like to pick up a 3 seater for the family to cruise on and pull water-tubes.

get the rxp then

I'm assuming you have about 16k to spend, judging from the used rxp for 8700 and the 3 seater for 6k-8k.

I wouldn't consider a used X model due to the pump issues. If you are worried about going fast...I have seen quite a few pristine, slightly modded RXP's go for sale on here for around 7-8k. Then you could pick up a used non-supercharged 3 seater, like a GTX (nice) or a GTI (not as nice) for 7-8k. By used, I mean 20hrs or so. You can get a used, but nice double trailer for a grand.

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    get the rxp then
    Well its between the 08 or the 2010 rxp. I just didnt know if someone on here has driven both. The price difference of the 2 are about $5 grand.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    I'm assuming you have about 16k to spend, judging from the used rxp for 8700 and the 3 seater for 6k-8k.

I wouldn't consider a used X model due to the pump issues. If you are worried about going fast...I have seen quite a few pristine, slightly modded RXP's go for sale on here for around 7-8k. Then you could pick up a used non-supercharged 3 seater, like a GTX (nice) or a GTI (not as nice) for 7-8k. By used, I mean 20hrs or so. You can get a used, but nice double trailer for a grand.
    X model as in the RXP-X 2 seater that I am interested in? I have a little more then 16k ,but I was planning on throwing it into some funds for down the road.

Also I forgot to mention that any used SeaDoo I pick up I receive a 3 month warranty from the dealer. Not sure if that is common among local dealers

+1
    2010 RXP-X for you and a used 155hp wake or gtx for the family

Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    2010 RXP-X for you and a used 155hp wake or gtx for the family
    I LIKE THAT!! How much should I look to spend on one of them? Also how important is it to keep an eye on the hours of the lower-end HP SeaDoos? Main reason I want 2 is because I would like one for myself ,but a second one would be for my family but most importantly my mom( She goes in for surgery for Breast Cancer in 2 weeks) She lovesss riding them. Thanks for the input!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information