Question Multiple carb tuning help

Just picked up a '94 WaveRaider and need help fine tuning the low speed adjustments. The only issue with my ski is that it hesitates upon accelleration and if I need to turn suddenly and dodge something or someone. I have to feather the throttle a little and then it kicks in. Top end seems fine. I just wanna be able to get myself out of trouble if I have to. Could it also be the idle adjustment or even a throttle cable adjustment? Carbs have been rebuilt. This is my first time tuning a dual carb set-up. Would the adjustment screws on both carbs need to be same? Does one kick in before the other?

sportfish258 on x-h20
    Go to the mukuni web site . The tech section has a fantastic how to on tuning and operation of their carbs. This is a must read for carb tuning.

+1
    First...you need a good tach if your turning needles with mods and changing jets. If you simply looking to dial in the needles...get the ski up to normal operating temperatures and then place it back on the trailer with the trailer in the water and adjust the low speed needles to get the highest "sustained" RPM...kill the engine wait 10 secs...it should start w/out any throttle if properly adjusted.

Is the ski stock?

+1
    Doesn't anybody look at the spark plugs anymore?

Yah, the ski is stock. I have a Mikuni Watercraft Carburetor owners manual but it only covers tuning a single carburetor. Is there anything different when tuning dual carbs versus a single carb. Will the adjustments be identicle? Do I need to adjust things in some kind of sequence? Should one be tuned different from the other meaning higher or lower to each other? (I think and hope you understood that last sentence.) My other skis are single carb'd and straight forward to tune. I've just never done a dual set-up before.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Doesn't anybody look at the spark plugs anymore?
    Not really....so many additives that it's hard to really do plug chops and get accurate measurements unless stupid lean..or stupid rich

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyT View Post
    Yah, the ski is stock. I have a Mikuni Watercraft Carburetor owners manual but it only covers tuning a single carburetor. Is there anything different when tuning dual carbs versus a single carb. Will the adjustments be identicle? Do I need to adjust things in some kind of sequence? Should one be tuned different from the other meaning higher or lower to each other? (I think and hope you understood that last sentence.) My other skis are single carb'd and straight forward to tune. I've just never done a dual set-up before.
    Sampe principle ....usually on tripples you leave the #3 richer for torisional twist and changes in timing....dual carbs not needed.

Thread Information